STFM case remake

The place to discuss & share your 3D models or printable parts!
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: STFM case remake

Post by Icky »

terriblefire wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:09 am At the risk of going off topic... what are the chances @icky might consider making a case for the TFMSeX?
Funny you were mentioning that @terriblefire. It did cross my mind for a brief second about an MSX case but there are many variations of MSX styles, also finding the time.
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

Slowly, slowly something is rising. Didn't have any hiccups over night, the Giant Panda is performing well so far. Am seeing a couple of areas that can be improved :)

IMG_0045.jpeg
IMG_0045.jpeg (37.1 KiB) Viewed 3825 times
derkom

Post by derkom »

I see you are using "standard" support structure there. Have you played around at all with tree supports? At least using Cura's slicer, I've found that the tree supports are far easier to remove afterwards, and leave a significantly nicer surface on the model.
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

derkom wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:03 am I see you are using "standard" support structure there. Have you played around at all with tree supports? At least using Cura's slicer, I've found that the tree supports are far easier to remove afterwards, and leave a significantly nicer surface on the model.
Its the accordion type structure that pulls off pretty easily. I haven't yet got to try out the tree supports as I haven't yet found time to switch slicers to use it. The tree structure does look a nicer way of supporting though.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

How come not printing on its top ? Then the posts would be vertical..
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

exxos wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:36 am How come not printing on its top ? Then the posts would be vertical..
Laying it flat has issues with the grill part as the initial edge is just 1 line wide so the adhesion is not that great.

EDIT: As mentioned earlier in the thread am playing with a snap in grill and the pillars as separate components that screw on. This will make printing even more easier.

For this print i wanted just to see how it all came out and what needed adjusting.
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

derkom wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:03 am I see you are using "standard" support structure there. Have you played around at all with tree supports? At least using Cura's slicer, I've found that the tree supports are far easier to remove afterwards, and leave a significantly nicer surface on the model.
Now you have me playing with Cura @derkom :)
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
derkom

Post by derkom »

Icky wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:59 am EDIT: As mentioned earlier in the thread am playing with a snap in girl
Do tell. :shock: (emphasis mine)
Now you have me playing with Cura @derkom :)
I'm fond of it. I've played with a few slicers, and Cura is my favourite. I may be a bit biased because my first printer was an Ultimaker Original+, so Cura was the natural fit. But I've tried a few others since then, and I keep coming back.
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

derkom wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:19 am
Icky wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:59 am EDIT: As mentioned earlier in the thread am playing with a snap in girl
Do tell. :shock: (emphasis mine)
Darn autocomplete - should say grill :)

Return to “3D MODELS”