STFM case remake

The place to discuss & share your 3D models or printable parts!
Icky

Re: STFM case remake

Post by Icky » Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:19 pm

@rmahlert - progress on the Giant Panda and Case is a bit slow. Time and remaking some of the Giant Panda parts to make it stronger has been getting in the way.

Yes I had printed a backplane to get a feel for a bigger print. Once I get the new parts on the printer I will try and do a bottom case print to see how it goes.

Good luck with your build. I would make sure the long spans are very rigid and might need strengthening to reduce bowing.

rmahlert

Post by rmahlert » Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:32 pm

Icky wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:19 pm
@rmahlert - progress on the Giant Panda and Case is a bit slow. Time and remaking some of the Giant Panda parts to make it stronger has been getting in the way.

Yes I had printed a backplane to get a feel for a bigger print. Once I get the new parts on the printer I will try and do a bottom case print to see how it goes.

Good luck with your build. I would make sure the long spans are very rigid and might need strengthening to reduce bowing.

Thanks Icky..

I bought 12mm for the Y axis, hoping that will be strong enough. If I ever get them! Shipped at the end of December, from Wuhan!! hmm.. wonder why it's been slow getting here???? Everything else I order the same day from other AliExpress stores arrived within 2 weeks.

I'd love to build something similar to your Panda. But, the extruded aluminium isn't a normal item here in the US.

Rob

Icky

Post by Icky » Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:19 pm

Finally got some time to swing back round to the 3D model. I finally fixed the mouse / joystick port area on the bottom of the case.

Further back in the thread I showed a picture of one of the prototype 3D prints and the mouse port being incorrect. Green arrows show missing fillets on the 3D printed port and Orange arrows showing the cable entry being too flat on the prototype.

IMG_4161.jpg
IMG_4161.jpg (65.13 KiB) Viewed 1677 times

Below is the port corrected. Now I can move on to some of the other items that need fixing.

Screenshot 2020-02-21 at 23.12.56.png
Screenshot 2020-02-21 at 23.12.56.png (416.04 KiB) Viewed 1677 times

exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos » Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:55 am

Icky wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:19 pm
Below is the port corrected. Now I can move on to some of the other items that need fixing.
Like the entire stop section ;) Amazing what a poor state those original 3D files were in :(
4MB STFM 1.44 FD- VELOCE+ 020 STE - 4MB STE 32MHz - STFM 16MHz - STM - MEGA ST - Falcon 030 CT60 - Atari 2600 - Atari 7800 - Gigafile - SD Floppy Emulator - PeST - HxC - CosmosEx - Ultrasatan - various clutter

https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/last/storenew/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.

Return to “3D MODELS”