For Sale: 27C400 EPROM emulators (beta) issue D

Post your for sale or wanted retro related wares in this section.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: For Sale: 27C400 EPROM emulators (beta) issue D

Post by exxos »

cmorley wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:40 am @exxos STM32F042F6P6 tube or cut tape I don't care!
OK leave it with me, ill have a look about when I get back home.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
cmorley

Post by cmorley »

Total failure so far to secure the ST microcontrollers. exxos has been kindly helping me too and querying his suppliers but no dice yet.

Fingers crossed we can find some stock but it is looking more and more likely that I won't be able to build any of these up until Q1 or Q2 2022 :O
cmorley

Post by cmorley »

OMG! Look what Parcelforce just delivered.

Photo0120b.jpg
Photo0120b.jpg (93.1 KiB) Viewed 6451 times

All credit to exxos for finding the supplier. It was a bit of a saga ordering with some supplier hurdles and confusion!
dalek

Post by dalek »

:yay2: :yay2: :yay2:
cmorley

Post by cmorley »

Digikey parts arrived yesterday and Mouser parts arrived today. I built up one panel to check everything seems OK and so far so good.

I paid more for parts than I'd hoped because of the global chip shortage. The CPLDs for example were out of stock so I bought the next speed grade up which are 30% more expensive but had the advantage of being in stock. They are pretty much sold out now too! I bought some lower profile pin headers too... not sure how good they are yet but they might be helpful for A1200 or A600 where there isn't a great deal of clearance to the back of the keyboard metal plate. This is going to mean a slght price increase, sorry.

I will build more modules up over the weekend and clean them in the US cleaner.

Because of the IC stock problems I bought parts enough to populate all the PCBs I have so there are no limits on numbers people can buy - there are more than enough to go around.
cmorley

Post by cmorley »

I finished soldering the batch today and programmed the firmware. All good... one short under a CPLD cleared but everything else ok. I'll clean them tomorrow and then they are ready to ship :D

The low profile pins I bought have a bigger diameter on the side that would go into the socket compared to the taller pins I've use up to now. That's a shame. They'll be fine in a turned pin socket but are likely to bend the spring contacts even worse than the normal round pins in a single/dual wipe stamped socket. So if you want the lo profile ones bare that in mind.
cmorley

Post by cmorley »

Major docs update on my website. http://www.boobip.com/hardware/27C400_EMU

Not finished yet. I will do a page on the hardware and a FAQ page. I'll probably put some photos on too. Better than nothing though.

Return to “GENERAL FOR SALE & WANTED”