Icky - Progress

Where Alpha builders can post pics and progress etc
PhilC

Re: Icky - Progress

Post by PhilC »

Lol, well I was thinking of eventually 3d printing a case for it, say something similar to the Mega on the front and then use perspex sheet like you have for the other parts.
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

Or wait for version 2 ... which probably still won't fit in a original case :lol:
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
troed

Post by troed »

Icky wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:10 pm Its amazing what you can do with a box of nylon mounts and sheet of perspex - it was like having my own Lego / Meccano set to play with.
Cool build!!
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

exxos wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:28 pm Or wait for version 2 ... which probably still won't fit in a original case :lol:
I have a large hammer, just in case
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

troed wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:31 pm
Icky wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:10 pm Its amazing what you can do with a box of nylon mounts and sheet of perspex - it was like having my own Lego / Meccano set to play with.
Cool build!!
Thanks - so difficult to stop myself from putting sides and a top on it :D
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

Forgottenmyname wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:34 pm
exxos wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:28 pm Or wait for version 2 ... which probably still won't fit in a original case :lol:
I have a large hammer, just in case
Yeah but version 2 we start all over again. Exxos would like to put us through all the pain again :)

Need to leave this one as museum piece for 30 years from now.

I can see the plaque in front of it now:
"The Exxos STF Remake circa 2018 - A legend in his and its time" - or as I have starting to think of it as the STFExxos :lolbig:
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

Icky wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:36 pm Yeah but version 2 we start all over again. Exxos would like to put us through all the pain again :)
Yes, it won't be any time soon.. To much work and things to fix/update yet.
Icky wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:36 pm Need to leave this one as museum piece for 30 years from now.
I can see the plaque in front of it now:
"The Exxos STF Remake circa 2018 - A legend in his and its time" - or as I have starting to think of it as the STFExxos :lolbig:
Be worth millions in 100 years time! :lol:

I was Thinking STExxos, but STE was already taken :(

Probably NX01 , NX meaning NeXt and 01 for well, 01.. plus its a startrek name so... :P
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

exxos wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:45 pm I was Thinking STExxos, but STE was already taken :(
Well when they added different form factor machines like the MEGA it was Atari MEGA ST.

So may be you could use - Atari EXXOS ST
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

Icky wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:51 pm Well when they added different form factor machines like the MEGA it was Atari MEGA ST.

EST ;)

Well a long way off needing a name yet anyway. Need to mod this current board to death yet....

oh at some point I mentioned built in 1.44 floppy support, it only needs the GAL... but thought as well about A/B swap.. since the GAL has MON,DRIVE0,DRIVE1 going to the GAL anyway.. need to check if I have 2 spare outputs on it....

EDIT
It should be doable actually... GAL has some spare IO.. so 2 IO's to re-route DRIVE1,DRIVE0 select lines, and a 3rd pin to select swapped mode or not..
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

Icky wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:51 pm
exxos wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:45 pm I was Thinking STExxos, but STE was already taken :(
Well when they added different form factor machines like the MEGA it was Atari MEGA ST.

Icky, ya should have said something... I have a few other Other World Computing mounting boxes. They are good luck ya know. Just let me know I'd be happy to send ya one! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Cart is still plugged in from playing with the parallel port.
IMG_6443.JPG
IMG_6443.JPG (2 MiB) Viewed 3544 times

Return to “ALPHA USER BUILDS”