Icky - Progress

Where Alpha builders can post pics and progress etc
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Icky - Progress

Post by Icky »

exxos wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:17 pm :bravo:

I'm still hunting for blitters... not going well...

I have a WIP theory that there are some blitters somewhere, just nobody is selling them because they are "old" like 30 years and they assuming they will not work... I am still checking on this, but not holding out much hope...
Fingers crossed you do find that pot of gold :)
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

PaulJ wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:16 pm Icky, sounds like its harder for your side of the pond ordering here than it is for us to get stuff from Europe!! Once in while I'll get a small extra charge on the ole credit card but that's been about it. Ordering anything from France takes forever. In the USA ordering from Best is really quick... two days.. sometimes three. They really have quick shipping!
Thing that annoys me the most is that you pay additional shipping which is supposed to cover the import etc. and you still get clobbered for more money.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

What annoys me is that when I pay import taxes, they add tax on the value of the items, and it cost to post the item! They should not be adding import VAT onto shipping costs.. Frankly I think it's a disgrace and should be banned :evil: :evil:

For example if I paid some items which cost £100, I would get charged something like 20% import VAT, plus £10 for the privilege of them sending me the bill... But if the shipping was £70 I would get charged VAT on that as well, so another £14..

So a actual value item of £100 ends up costing me £44 in charges! :evil: :evil:
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

exxos wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:20 pm What annoys me is that when I pay import taxes, they add tax on the value of the items, and it cost to post the item! They should not be adding import VAT onto shipping costs.. Frankly I think it's a disgrace and should be banned :evil: :evil:

For example if I paid some items which cost £100, I would get charged something like 20% import VAT, plus £10 for the privilege of them sending me the bill... But if the shipping was £70 I would get charged VAT on that as well, so another £14..

So a actual value item of £100 ends up costing me £44 in charges! :evil: :evil:
I hear you - very bad practice
troed

Post by troed »

PaulJ wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:16 pmIn the USA ordering from Best is really quick... two days.. sometimes three. They really have quick shipping!
Yeah I'm going to start just ordering stuff to our US office and pick it up whenever I'm over. I was just looking through a few things at Best and they're not _that_ expensive. At least not on everything.
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

troed wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:07 pm
PaulJ wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:16 pmIn the USA ordering from Best is really quick... two days.. sometimes three. They really have quick shipping!
Yeah I'm going to start just ordering stuff to our US office and pick it up whenever I'm over. I was just looking through a few things at Best and they're not _that_ expensive. At least not on everything.
Actually that's a good idea. I need to order some brake callipers for my Corvette, maybe head office can send them to me with the other spare parts :D
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

:mad: - customs just charged me import tax and a clearance fee to get my Blitter. More than half of the the original cost.

The clearance fee alone is £12
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

Icky wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:46 pm :mad: - customs just charged me import tax and a clearance fee to get my Blitter. More than half of the the original cost.

Damn :( I'm not getting anywhere fast in the hunt for blitters either :(
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

exxos wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:48 pm
Icky wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:46 pm :mad: - customs just charged me import tax and a clearance fee to get my Blitter. More than half of the the original cost.

Next time I'll ask troed to go and pick one up from his US office if he can fit it in with Forgottenmyname's Corvette brake calipers :P
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

exxos wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:48 pm

Next time I'll ask troed to go and pick one up from his US office if he can fit it in with Forgottenmyname's Corvette brake calipers :P
[/quote]

Wow.. the UK must really punish ya for importing neat shit!! I order a lot of stuff from Europe and rarely notice many additional charges and if there are some there small. Hey look at the bright side.. most of the cool atari hardware resides in your country. :foldarms: :foldarms: :foldarms:

Return to “ALPHA USER BUILDS”