PaulJ Progress

Where Alpha builders can post pics and progress etc
PhilC

Re: PaulJ Progress

Post by PhilC »

Yeah Rackmount would work very well. I've thought about making a separate case for the keyboard etc, does anyone know if a Mega keyboard is pin compatible with the normal STF ones? got lots of plugs to make more leads.
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

Forgottenmyname wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:43 pm Yeah Rackmount would work very well. I've thought about making a separate case for the keyboard etc, does anyone know if a Mega keyboard is pin compatible with the normal STF ones? got lots of plugs to make more leads.
The falcon I have here has a hacked on connector which looks like the MEGA one.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
JezC

Post by JezC »

exxos wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:48 pm
Forgottenmyname wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:43 pm Yeah Rackmount would work very well. I've thought about making a separate case for the keyboard etc, does anyone know if a Mega keyboard is pin compatible with the normal STF ones? got lots of plugs to make more leads.
The falcon I have here has a hacked on connector which looks like the MEGA one.
I'm sure I bought an original Mega keyboard from System Solutions along with a DeskTopper case for my Falcon...I have the Mega keyboard but can't find the cable (D'Oh!).

IIRC the cable going from the keyboard connector on the motherboard was only a 4 or 5 way connection up to a DIN connector on the DeskTopper case. But then I had a different cable to let me use the DeskTopper keyboard case with my old 1040STF (which I had the Falcon's keyboard connected to as it had a better feel than my original 1040 keyboard).

I'd love to get a cable made up for the Mega - it has such a lovely action and the mouse/joystick ports are easily accessed too! :D
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

IMG_1888.JPG
IMG_1888.JPG (2.39 MiB) Viewed 4142 times
I got a couple of these EIFFEL 2's to use with MEGA ST's I got without keyboards. On the right you see a place to connect to an ST 8 pin keyboard. They work great with a MEGA. I haven't tried with an ST but I assume (watch out for assumptions) it work just as good with a ST. It also has an input for an temp sensor and can turn a fan on and off depending on which version you get.
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

Good idea Paul, I think I will check that out as I need another keyboard for one of my Megas.
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

Forgottenmyname wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:01 am Good idea Paul, I think I will check that out as I need another keyboard for one of my Megas.
Its from France so you may have better luck with the shipping.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

PaulJ wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:28 pm
exxos wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:23 pm Thats what I did with the V2.2 booster...

http://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/last/V ... /index.htm
Yes but its always been sold out. I have some of the 1.5 boosters and they work good but don't a thing for moving to 2.06..
Sorry I missed this post....

Yeah, I'm going to try and see if I can resurrect this project.. I really wanted to produce a new booster not reproduce a old design.. But with things taking months to years.. A new booster could easily be a year away...

I literally spent several hundred £££ on pcbs for it on trying to figure out issues, mostly turned out to be socket issues :roll: I kind of lost motivation to keep messing around with it all.. Though I try routing it again in four layers with the CPU solder direct to the PCB instead... Will give it a try...
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

exxos wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:32 pm

Yes but its always been sold out. I have some of the 1.5 boosters and they work good but don't a thing for moving to 2.06..

Yeah, I'm going to try and see if I can resurrect this project.. I really wanted to produce a new booster not reproduce a old design.. But with things taking months to years.. A new booster could easily be a year away...

I literally spent several hundred £££ on pcbs for it on trying to figure out issues, mostly turned out to be socket issues :roll: I kind of lost motivation to keep messing around with it all.. Though I try routing it again in four layers with the CPU solder direct to the PCB instead... Will give it a try...
I'd be interested.. :D :D
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

exxos wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:32 pm

The store appears to be getting a little depleted.. there's new people coming along all the time so you should keep some of the old available until something new comes along..
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

PaulJ wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:41 pm The store appears to be getting a little depleted.. there's new people coming along all the time so you should keep some of the old available until something new comes along..
Yeah, I wrote volumes on all this already, basically I'm just taking on way too much work all the time and just simply cannot keep up with anything..

Mainly the problem is, if I am working on items to keep them in stock in my store, I have no time for developing new things...

But I have ended up doing is spending literally thousands on buying parts on sending things off to be assembled lately.. I just simply do not have time to do it myself any more.

https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/forum/viewt ... =20&t=1182

Return to “ALPHA USER BUILDS”