1 (2).jpg
1 (2).jpg (2.7 MiB) Viewed 3866 times
Attachments
2 (2).jpg
2 (2).jpg (2.78 MiB) Viewed 3866 times
PaulJ

Re: PaulJ Progress

Post by PaulJ »

Ok, current pictures, have a few resistors remaining, keyboard plugin, floppy plugin and floppy power cable. Decided to order a bench supply today which I'll have Thursday. Will power it up then. Maybe the hard disk will be sorted by then! :yay:
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

PaulJ wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:35 am I guess I'm a little slow. It wasn't obvious to me how to easily use it. It looks like it takes two video female connectors?? If I just wire from the board to the bad side and put the connector on the good side it would be a bitch to mount.. I'm most likely missing something obvious.. :mrgreen:
Great progress. Building this board is fun.

I think the monitor fix pcb is designed to use header pins to connect the board to the main board on the bad side and the monitor socket on the good side.

Although I am using a modified cable I am seriously considering this pcb so I can try out different cables as I have been having a few issues with my existing one.
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

I'm torn on which way to go. I had a hard time finding the long header pins for the memory card. All the parts houses here didn't stock them Ended up getting them on eBay from Jameco (a parts house) which didn't have them in stock on their site. :pullhair: :pullhair: Guess I'll investigate the fixer up board today and finish the last couple of components I need to add.

I enjoy the debug, building becomes a slog. Now that I'm 98 percent built I'm left with a few issues that have been left that I have to come to terms with such as the video connector. Also I think I'll build the mono amp since I much prefer using mono. Anyhow good luck with the dam port, hope to be there soon.
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

2 (3).jpg
2 (3).jpg (2.54 MiB) Viewed 3829 times
1 (3).jpg
1 (3).jpg (2.74 MiB) Viewed 3829 times
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

Current state is pretty much complete, have a three fixes yet to install, keyboard header, and floppy power. Don't know if I'll bother with midi connectors right now. So on course to power up Thursday.
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

PaulJ wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:12 pm Current state is pretty much complete, have a three fixes yet to install, keyboard header, and floppy power. Don't know if I'll bother with midi connectors right now. So on course to power up Thursday.
Good luck with the switch on. :)
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

Looking good Paul,

I'm looking forward to see how your first switch on goes with all the mods in place beforehand.

good luck!
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

Well were ready to shoot the juice to the board. Nee do stick the memory board on and the crystal Oscillators.

1 (4).jpg
1 (4).jpg (2.69 MiB) Viewed 3765 times
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

:bravo: :coolpics:
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.

Return to “ALPHA USER BUILDS”