PaulJ Progress

Where Alpha builders can post pics and progress etc
PaulJ

Re: PaulJ Progress

Post by PaulJ »

I tried that and it didn't move the cursor..maybe the keyboard only works with the drag cart? Hmm Guess I need to do some more testing.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

PaulJ wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:45 pm I tried that and it didn't move the cursor..maybe the keyboard only works with the drag cart? Hmm Guess I need to do some more testing.
Have you done the dateline fix on the ACIA ? And also connected the missing GND connection on the keyboard connector ?
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

PaulJ wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:20 pm Also the color bands in the test cart have fewer levels per color than a standard ST. I'm going to play with the monitor intensity to see if its just over driven but it does look like it. The first pic is from a real ST while the second is from the remake which has less levels per color.
It's possible your Monitor lead has series resistors in lowering the intensity of the RGB drivers?
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
troed

Post by troed »

The color gradient was interesting btw. If you got all the resistors in the right positions then there seems to be a general case of too much resistance on the RGB lines :)
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

Working on the mouse which doesn't make any sense. The arrow keys don't move the cursor. The mouse doesn't move the cursor however the mouse and all keys work fine with the diagCart. Yes, the ACIA fixes are in. I don't believe the cart would work if they weren't.. :?: :?: :?: The parallel interface is failing again. The only time it passes is when the digital analyzer is connected. Cart docs say parallel interface can only drive 2.2k pull-ups. I may try some 10k pull-ups here. Changed the 2149, 68901, 6850,and no effect.
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

PaulJ wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:43 pm Working on the mouse which doesn't make any sense. The arrow keys don't move the cursor. The mouse doesn't move the cursor however the mouse and all keys work fine with the diagCart. Yes, the ACIA fixes are in. I don't believe the cart would work if they weren't.. :?: :?: :?: The parallel interface is failing again. The only time it passes is when the digital analyzer is connected. Cart docs say parallel interface can only drive 2.2k pull-ups. I may try some 10k pull-ups here. Changed the 2149, 68901, 6850,and no effect.
May be a bad solder joint? Mostly what bugged my board was bad soldering.
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

So far everything looks ok... I'm a little stumped why it works with the cart and not TOS? The only possible differience I can think of is TOS may get characters based on an interrupt and the cart may poll. Hmm Maybe the wrong MIDI OPTO is at the heart of this issue.. going to pop the MIDI 6850..
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

OK spots fans.. one bad assumption can cause a lot of trouble!! :smackbum: :smackbum: :smackbum: Wrong OPTO must have caused the MIDI ACIA to believe it had data.. both ACIAs on same IRQ so it never got to serial, alway servicing MIDI. Pop the MIDI ACIA out be have mouse! :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: !
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

PaulJ wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:32 pm OK spots fans.. one bad assumption can cause a lot of trouble!! :smackbum: :smackbum: :smackbum: Wrong OPTO must have caused the MIDI ACIA to believe it had data.. both ACIAs on same IRQ so it never got to serial, alway servicing MIDI. Pop the MIDI ACIA out be have mouse! :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: !
Glad you got to the bottom of it.
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

Going to make an expendable disk for the Ultra Satan and see if it plays nice with the floppy.

IMG_9233.JPG
IMG_9233.JPG (2.45 MiB) Viewed 3511 times

Return to “ALPHA USER BUILDS”