My Channel

Help & news on accelerators from TF, Amiga, Atari, CD32 etc

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

Badwolf

Re: My Channel

Post by Badwolf »

Thanks for keeping the repos and the videos up, TF.

I've been working through the vidoes learning as I go as I've been fancying building some hardware for my Falcon and Archie 3000 and very much liked your approach. I'd not really been aware of CPLDs before I saw your work and they seem like the missing link to me finally getting my feet wet.

Have fun with the the flight sim build. I'm going to assume -- based on your accelerator approach -- it'll be hydraulic jacks, a custom flight model and plenty of Simconnect work.

Bon voyage!

BW.
DFB1 Open source 50MHz 030 and TT-RAM accelerator for the Falcon
DSTB1 Open source 16Mhz 68k and AltRAM accelerator for the ST
Smalliermouse ST-optimised USB mouse adapter based on SmallyMouse2
FrontBench The Frontier: Elite 2 intro as a benchmark
oggie

Post by oggie »

Sad to see you step back, but completely understand. I was really looking forward to a 1260 and a 560. I have spare CPUs and I even bought the 1200 edge connector in anticipation of building one.

Don't let the small percentage of goofballs get you down. There's way more of us that appreciate what you've done.
Lukya

Post by Lukya »

Stephen,

As a recent returnee to the Amiga world after 24 years away (!!) I want you to know that you're a f***ing hero to me and the other less financially well positioned old geezers!! In the words of Caesar..."Nolite illegitimi te carborundum..."
8 Bit Dreams
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by 8 Bit Dreams »

Good evening Stephen,
good evening TF fans,
apologize, was absent for some time in connection with my wedding... Merried at 16.11.2019 :P

Have read whole thread above - very surprised and discouraged, because the last thing I've heard - was that alenppc ordered 1000 edge connectors for A1200. What will happen to these connectors now? Turns out they are not needed anymore?

In any case, I am very grateful for last three years, because I was able to live them interestingly and enthusiastically, during this time I went from a person who did not know how to solder smd to a pro who could do even reball. Of course it depends on You what You are prepared to reach, but this was a perfect example that everything is possible if You are working as a team. In addition, on my way I met so much wonderful and sincere people, one of them even flew with his wife to Germany to our wedding from USA - it's just wonderful how hobbies and similar interests bring people together.. Adrian and Kelly, thank you very much for these unforgettable days, and for positive emotions we got - this week will always remain in our hearts. I hope we will be able to visit You in US soon.

As for our hobby - Steve always says:
"Living a dream!" I know its hard to live without it. Sure, family is more important than retro computers, will need to make same decisions here, however my wife knows that it is important to me, and thats what makes me feel happy, so i will be able to swing my soldering station from time to time.. ;)
Will also be happy to see any news from TF, even if it will be one stream per year..
Thank You all!
Retro computer hardware & repair in Germany
chue

Post by chue »

Congratulations @8bitdreams on the marriage!

I had forgotten that I also didn’t know how to do smd soldering prior to doing the TF boards. I am at least semi confident now.
arkadiusz.makarenko
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by arkadiusz.makarenko »

8 Bit Dreams wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:23 pm Good evening Stephen,
good evening TF fans,
apologize, was absent for some time in connection with my wedding... Merried at 16.11.2019 :P

Have read whole thread above - very surprised and discouraged, because the last thing I've heard - was that alenppc ordered 1000 edge connectors for A1200. What will happen to these connectors now? Turns out they are not needed anymore?

In any case, I am very grateful for last three years, because I was able to live them interestingly and enthusiastically, during this time I went from a person who did not know how to solder smd to a pro who could do even reball. Of course it depends on You what You are prepared to reach, but this was a perfect example that everything is possible if You are working as a team. In addition, on my way I met so much wonderful and sincere people, one of them even flew with his wife to Germany to our wedding from USA - it's just wonderful how hobbies and similar interests bring people together.. Adrian and Kelly, thank you very much for these unforgettable days, and for positive emotions we got - this week will always remain in our hearts. I hope we will be able to visit You in US soon.

As for our hobby - Steve always says:
"Living a dream!" I know its hard to live without it. Sure, family is more important than retro computers, will need to make same decisions here, however my wife knows that it is important to me, and thats what makes me feel happy, so i will be able to swing my soldering station from time to time.. ;)
Will also be happy to see any news from TF, even if it will be one stream per year..
Thank You all!
Congratulations on your wedding!
Do not trust people. They are capable of greatness.
~ Stanislaw Lem
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

8 Bit Dreams wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:23 pm Good evening Stephen,
good evening TF fans,
Congratulations!
8 Bit Dreams wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:23 pm Have read whole thread above - very surprised and discouraged, because the last thing I've heard - was that alenppc ordered 1000 edge connectors for A1200. What will happen to these connectors now? Turns out they are not needed anymore?
I'll definitely purchase the ones I committed to from Alen. No questions. I'll consider doubling the number I committed to if other people feel they are being left with "useless" connectors.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
GadgetUK164

Post by GadgetUK164 »

Congrats 8bit dreams! Sorry to hear you lost that Twitter account Stephen, and sad to hear you aren't continuing with the TF accelerators =/ All I can say is thanks for the time you spent giving us that cards we have, it was amazing work and brings so much enjoyment to the people using them. Wishing you all the best for 2020 in whatever you do!!!
My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/GadgetUK164
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

GadgetUK164 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:27 pm Congrats 8bit dreams! Sorry to hear you lost that Twitter account Stephen, and sad to hear you aren't continuing with the TF accelerators =/ All I can say is thanks for the time you spent giving us that cards we have, it was amazing work and brings so much enjoyment to the people using them. Wishing you all the best for 2020 in whatever you do!!!
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
AndresPlazaR

Post by AndresPlazaR »

terriblefire wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:22 am I should be clear.. at this point I’m bailing from Twitter because they are being crap with support. I think what happened is I had two accounts with one phone number and something triggered something that they’ve said is suspicious... because the two accounts had one phone number there is no way to recover the account. So it’s gone forever.
Hi Stephen,

I work for Twitter. Let me know, and we can try to work together to get your account back. :-)

Take care,

Andres.
--
Andres Plaza R.
Twitter: @AndresPlazaR

Return to “Terriblefire's channel”