My Channel

Help & news on accelerators from TF, Amiga, Atari, CD32 etc

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: My Channel

Post by exxos »

matt020 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:00 pm Don't let the 1% of the crowd ruin your work, because the other 99% admire everything you do.
Exactly. This is why I created this forum. Anyone who causes trouble, or just is a ass to anyone , they get banned. I just don't have time for idiots anymore.

Unfortunately every forum / group on the net is full of them these days. I almost never go outside of this forum now because of it all. People just annoy me to much. Often lazy people who just complain when they never even lifted a soldering iron in their life. If people felt so strongly about not having stuff they want, they should get up off their lazy "armchair experts" asses and design the stuff they want instead of punishing people who are actually developing hardware. We are not put on this earth to design everyone's favorite project for them.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

matt020 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:00 pm I read a post on Facebook today, and the short of it was:

Don't let the 1% of the crowd ruin your work, because the other 99% admire everything you do.

I stand within that 99%.
Its nice to know there are people who have got enjoyment from what i've produced.

However i've never done this for the admiration and I have never cared whether people "supported" me etc. I've always refused help from people and paid for everything out of my own pocket. Some people think this is me being arrogant and wanting to be "God" etc. But it's really not. I just don't want to feel like I owe anyone anything. That there has been my number one rule from the start.

When 8 Bit Dreams sent me a CD32 motherboard with an Akkiko rev 0 on it for free I bought him a complete CD32 (accidentally turned out to be in mint condition!) and sent it to him. I really cannot stress this enough. Feeling obliged to do something because I owe someone is something that gnaws at me so I wanted to avoid it at all costs in my hobbies and keep everything untangled in this sense.

Its also why I get insanely mad when people act entitled. Those of you who have stuff go missing in the post from me know that unless you've been exceptionally rude about it i'll just send you another one no questions. Or if i screwed up the order and sent the wrong thing i've never asked for you to return it... just keep it and i'll send you another one.

On the other hand i've had people place orders then make demands about what i do with my stuff. They quickly got a refund and got told where to go.

There are a couple of really really helpful people out there like Thomas Richter, Ian Stedman and Toni Willen who have helped me enormously with particular details when I got stuck. Also Jamie Craig has been very helpful on the PCB side and John Hertell have been very helpful adding stuff to DiagROM. And of course exxos for his insane rambling emails and letting me live on his forum :)

And most of you would not have any of these boards without the guys who built all of these boards superduper, alenppc and 8 bit dreams..

Those are the guys I've relied on... thank them for what i've created.

EDIT: please dont message me asking about the TF360. I only have two of these. The remaining bare boards were disposed of due to mistakes on the PCB.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
Maximilian

Post by Maximilian »

Thank you TF for the work you have done!

I've enjoyed every video you made that took us down the rabbit hole while debugging and designing your boards.

Hopefully at some time in the future you wil reconsider, this because you as a person and your work will be missed.
Higgy

Post by Higgy »

CD32's (and TF users) suddenly feel a strange disturbance in the Force!

We certainly have all enjoyed the journey, reading the messages & watching the videos.
Least we don't have to watch that bl**dy Quake level demo again (joke :) ).

Certainly a shame as ACA1240/60 info was posted just the other day. But as with the issues happening around the Jaguar Flash Cart, a hobby/interest can just cause hassles which are not needed.

On a different note, the great work with your Archimedes MiST work is being worked on, HD support has recently been added.
32Bits

Post by 32Bits »

Thanks for the TF330 and all the work you put into the Amiga hardware. its been great watching your videos I learned a lot. you don't owe anyone anything. you have always been upfront and straight forward about your motivations and your interactions with the community. I will miss interacting with you regarding your CD32 cards but wish you all the best in whatever you decide to do. I have always appreciated your candor and willingness to talk even to a noob like me who asked some dumb questions but you never made me feel stupid instead would interact and educate.

Thanks for everything you have done. Be well.

Regards

32Bits
C128/A3000/CD32/A1200 -https://www.youtube.com/c/32Bits
Glen M

Post by Glen M »

Maybe I'm being stupid here (happens a lot) but all I read from this is your videos are temporarily private, the lab is packed up to make way for house work and you need to spend more time with your family so the TF stuff is on hold for a bit. No?

Anyone who works at a project for as long as you have is bound to get a bit burnt out by it so my advice for all its worth is to pack up the lab, renovate the kitchen, sort out a new office for your wife, help the kids with their homework and maybe take a breath. You've done so much in so little time that I think you more than deserve a break or if you decide to draw and line under it and call it a day then so be it.

All I can do is offer my utmost appreciation for your work on the terrible fire cards to date and to encourage you to ignore that 1% of pillocks that are just there to make everyone's life hell. When you feel the time is right to dust off the lab then I for one will be waiting with bated breath.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Glen M wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:17 pm Maybe I'm being stupid here (happens a lot) but all I read from this is your videos are temporarily private, the lab is packed up to make way for house work and you need to spend more time with your family so the TF stuff is on hold for a bit. No?
Videos remained public as i've now signed a contract.
Anyone who works at a project for as long as you have is bound to get a bit burnt out by it so my advice for all its worth is to pack up the lab, renovate the kitchen, sort out a new office for your wife, help the kids with their homework and maybe take a breath. You've done so much in so little time that I think you more than deserve a break or if you decide to draw and line under it and call it a day then so be it.

All I can do is offer my utmost appreciation for your work on the terrible fire cards to date and to encourage you to ignore that 1% of pillocks that are just there to make everyone's life hell. When you feel the time is right to dust off the lab then I for one will be waiting with bated breath.
Many thanks. My old lab is being converted into a flight simulator... thats where i think i'll be hanging out for the next while. Still room there to do minor bug fixing etc.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
chue

Post by chue »

I’ll add my appreciation as well. My A500 works great with the TF534. If only I could have had one back in the day.

Any chance you’ll release the Gerbers for the 534? I know people have problems with it, but I’m wanting to build one for an Atari ST. The 530 is great but doesn’t have enough Ram.

Anyway thanks and take some time for yourself and your family.
arkadiusz.makarenko
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by arkadiusz.makarenko »

chue wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:55 pm I’ll add my appreciation as well. My A500 works great with the TF534. If only I could have had one back in the day.

Any chance you’ll release the Gerbers for the 534? I know people have problems with it, but I’m wanting to build one for an Atari ST. The 530 is great but doesn’t have enough Ram.

Anyway thanks and take some time for yourself and your family.
TF534 is available on GitHub. Those are not gerbers, but Eagle files. I have seen pcb being sold on eBay.
Do not trust people. They are capable of greatness.
~ Stanislaw Lem
chue

Post by chue »

Thanks I will take a look on github!

Return to “Terriblefire's channel”