matt020 wrote: ↑
Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:00 pm
I read a post on Facebook today, and the short of it was:
Don't let the 1% of the crowd ruin your work, because the other 99% admire everything you do.
I stand within that 99%.
Its nice to know there are people who have got enjoyment from what i've produced.
However i've never done this for the admiration and I have never cared whether people "supported" me etc. I've always refused help from people and paid for everything out of my own pocket. Some people think this is me being arrogant and wanting to be "God" etc. But it's really not. I just don't want to feel like I owe anyone anything. That there has been my number one rule from the start.
When 8 Bit Dreams sent me a CD32 motherboard with an Akkiko rev 0 on it for free I bought him a complete CD32 (accidentally turned out to be in mint condition!) and sent it to him. I really cannot stress this enough. Feeling obliged to do something because I owe someone is something that gnaws at me so I wanted to avoid it at all costs in my hobbies and keep everything untangled in this sense.
Its also why I get insanely mad when people act entitled. Those of you who have stuff go missing in the post from me know that unless you've been exceptionally rude about it i'll just send you another one no questions. Or if i screwed up the order and sent the wrong thing i've never asked for you to return it... just keep it and i'll send you another one.
On the other hand i've had people place orders then make demands about what i do with my stuff. They quickly got a refund and got told where to go.
There are a couple of really really helpful people out there like Thomas Richter, Ian Stedman and Toni Willen who have helped me enormously with particular details when I got stuck. Also Jamie Craig has been very helpful on the PCB side and John Hertell have been very helpful adding stuff to DiagROM. And of course exxos for his insane rambling emails and letting me live on his forum
And most of you would not have any of these boards without the guys who built all of these boards superduper, alenppc and 8 bit dreams..
Those are the guys I've relied on... thank them for what i've created.
EDIT: please dont message me asking about the TF360. I only have two of these. The remaining bare boards were disposed of due to mistakes on the PCB.