Help & news on accelerators from TF, Amiga, Atari, CD32 etc

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: End of all TF (Amiga) projects

Post by terriblefire »

exxos wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:58 am
Danoo wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:40 am I will be very skeptical of any Retro equipment purchased from the Polish region from now on, from my stand point I will certainly not be supporting anyone associated with the lowlife that has destroyed these great Amiga projects.
:thumbup: well AFAIK I am the only distributor of the PCBs. Assembled ones are sold by some guys here and eBay..

This doesn't mean genuine boards are not out there, some polish people bulk buy to distribute locally, that's fine if they are taking pre-orders and the boards can be traced back to one of the official distributors. Of course boards without the logo are produced by a 3rd party... In case of TF536 they are stolen property. Other older designs were open source to the public to produce but of course do not have the logo as they were not produced by a official seller. @terriblefire please correct if this is not accurate.
for various reasons to avoid multiple customs charges @alenppc also is selling official TF536s. But he tends to serve only North America and usually sells fully assembled boards.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
Maximilian

Post by Maximilian »

Sorry to hear this, I was always happy to see another video with soldering, debugging and walking to every step from idea to product.
I even bought a new rework station and all the tools to build the boards and a shitload of Amiga's to rebuild for friends and other people. :cry:

Thank you TF and all the others that contributed, it's a shame it has to end because of a few rotten eggs.
renster72

Post by renster72 »

@terriblefire Sorry to hear this have had so much enjoyment from my TF330 brought back my Love of Amiga and retro computing in general.. If you get bored the NeXT community would love to get some attention! I can dream of a 060 board in my NeXT station color ! only TF can make it happen :-)
spaceballs3000

Post by spaceballs3000 »

I'm new and I'm late to the game, but I think I can bring some experience to help cover your R&D.

I've had my design copied by someone in china, in the end I was able to make it work out even better for me.

There are my thoughts.

You have an FPGA on it, make it easily updateable, if it was me I put an ESP-32/8266 and have it pull latest FW and via Wifi via push of a button.

You then you charge a premium for support of these knockoffs, that removes support annoyances from knockoff buyers, non knockoffs get support. If you were mean you could do whitelists and when FW runs on knockoffs (check FPGA unique ID) it could brick them (I dont recommend this), or simply display unsupported support on this hardware.

Now when you do updates (which always happen) everyone is happy, knockoffs, non knockoffs, and you.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

Not a bad idea I guess. Though if the PLD has a unique code, maybe some chip activation in software. Basically sell activation keys.. No idea if its possible.

I did almost similar thing with some software once. But it was internet based software.. People had the exe on their PC which was the main software..but that connected to my sever every 10mins and ran some scripts which made the software work. This way they could hack the software as much as they wanted , it really didn't matter, as if they didn't have a valid activation code, the scripts wouldn't output any data to the users software.

So if there was a way to activate firmware, it could be locked to individual chips. This way, who the hell cares if anything got cloned, as it wouldn't activate without buying a activation key somehow first.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
MickGyver

Post by MickGyver »

This is terrible news. :( Please don't let the bad guys win Stephen!
alphadec

Post by alphadec »

I have been waiting for TF1260 I am totaly shocked by this news that there wont be any.
paul.liggins

Post by paul.liggins »

Ahh Stephen, so sorry this has happened.

Litigate this Daniel D**** prick. Start a gofundme for it I'll contribute cash for the legal team. Don't let this dick ruin it for you and everyone else mate.
arkadiusz.makarenko
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by arkadiusz.makarenko »

Danoo wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:40 am I will be very skeptical of any Retro equipment purchased from the Polish region from now on, from my stand point I will certainly not be supporting anyone associated with the lowlife that has destroyed these great Amiga projects.
Guys like Lotharek, Zaxxon or Warp team are not responsible for idiots like this guy. It would be unfair to put everyone from Poland into one basket.
Do not trust people. They are capable of greatness.
~ Stanislaw Lem
adam

Post by adam »

Evil guy seems to be living in Germany.

Return to “Terriblefire's channel”