exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/exxosuk

Re: End of all TF (Amiga) projects

Post by exxos » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:33 am

terriblefire wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:30 am
Just to add my thanks for everyones support. Do not feel sorry for me. I am not unhappy or angry. But when you get attacked like this you need to protect and defend yourself.

For all of you who love a good conspiracy theory... I personally think this was a conspiracy by @exxos to get me away from Amiga and do Atari things. :lol:

Get your head around that double twist of a theory :P
:lol: wish I had time to mastermind such a operation.. Though I have been quiet lately so who knows....
https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.

Benny

Post by Benny » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:52 am

That sucks in my stronley opinion, I who's patiently looked forward to the TF1260. And the only reason for me to be here, damm it. I can't afford the other card, that will cost about 1000 euros inkl the cpu IF your lucky. :mad: :cry:

alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:52 pm

I just love that the guy was charging more for the pirated boards than I do for genuine ones. And he uses cheaper CPUs too.

supaduper

Post by supaduper » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:02 pm

Well looking at other forums he uses it looks like he is the purveyor of his own demise as it would seem his Cloning business is Kaput !

hammer

Post by hammer » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:02 pm

Danoo wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:40 am
Wow, reading this just wrecked my Sunday morning :x , another wasted space individual imposes his power of selfishness to wreck the tireless work of a generous open source developer.

I just got back into the Amiga scene in the last 12 months, and building a TF534 and a few TF536s was an extremely
satisfying experience, all because of one terrific bloke in Glasgow, that decided to share his Amiga passion with us all, thank you Stephen. :thanksyellow:
I'm also in a similar boat as you when I recently won eBay bid for "A1200 broken for parts" when it's actually working. LOL.
I have bought AmigaKit's 8MB fast ram + FPU card for A1200 as a temporary measure for any future 68060 accel or Vampire products.

I got my old A500 Rev6A from storage during the COVID-19 lockdown which I later bought Wicher 508i. I haven't heard of TF536 until recently.

hammer

Post by hammer » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:08 pm

exxos wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:48 am
terriblefire wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:36 am
If i see them for sale on ebay i'll buy them and then paypal claim him for selling console mods.

@exxos will tell you all about that
Yep. Very easy to get shut down. IP theft will do it, mostly a tick of a box can get you shut down, happend to me. They even banned my mothers and girlfriends accounts, paypal / eBay won't ever investigate the case, appeal all you want, they don't care. Just run by a whole bunch of monkeys ticking boxes. Even though they are heavily regulated, they still manage to hold all my details even years later when I requested it removed many times. So I have no rights even in law. And people still deal with these companies...
Create a company legal entity and use it for Paypal /Ebay. A company entity is legally a separate entity from the person.

terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:13 pm

hammer wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:08 pm
Create a company legal entity and use it for Paypal /Ebay. A company entity is legally a separate entity from the person.
Paypal check who the persons of significant control are when you do that.
———
I get cranky when asked to repeat myself.

hammer

Post by hammer » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:38 pm

terriblefire wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:13 pm
hammer wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:08 pm
Paypal check who the persons of significant control are when you do that.
What about changing your legal name?

I have been selling my accumulated PC hardware (e.g. 6950,7970 GE, R9-290, R9-290X, GTX 980 Ti, GTX 1080 Ti, Intel i7 7820X, i7 4770K, i7-4790K and 'etc') and I haven't encountered PayPal banned issue.

Our PayPal Pty Ltd operates within Australian corporation and financial laws, hence it could be different from other jurisdictions. I'll keep in mind about PayPal's reliability issues.

From https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/ua/cfsgpds-full PayPal Australia Pty Ltd's dispute handling is handled by Australian Financial Complaints Authority, an independent external dispute resolution scheme covering applicable Australian customers.

AtariFox

Post by AtariFox » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:01 pm

terriblefire wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:35 am
ts come to my attention that someone has cloned the TF536 out of spite and is threatening to do this with all my future borads.

received_638987773418328.png
bound.png

Fine.. My boards will be for close friends and people in my local amiga user group only now. That probably means no more TF1260s will ever be made and maybe 5 more TF360s.

I will not be bullied by people like this. I'm gonna go do something else.

Sorry to all those who were hoping for these boards. I'll do what i can to help out with the boards that are out there.

EDIT: My youtube channel has been perm deleted (I do not have copies). My github has all my projects removed. Nothing will ever be open sourced again.

I want nothing more to do with Amiga. The person who is to blame is call Daniel D****** and goes by the name bound on many forums. I have his full name and address and may get the courts to do him for breach of copyright.

While I've never owned an amiga (sadness D: ), I always saw your name around on a lot of the boards, even on youtube, you created a great product and it is very resound among the retro communities. I only own a Commodore 64, so there was nothing i could buy that would be of use to myself, but, Stay strong.

Looking at the PPA forums it seems like most do not understand that someone is blackmailing you. I can see that there is some mis-interpretation on their part. They seem to believe that you hate all poland, which i am sure you do not. I have a few polish friends and they are all really nice people.

A few bad eggs of polish people doesn't make the whole bad.

It really is awful to have something you've poured so many hours, love care and effort into being threatened over you, I do not understand why they are doing this over some sort of postage issues, at least from what i read, as well as that guy telling people to reverse engineer it.

All the best to you and good luck in your future projects!

alexandregatt

Post by alexandregatt » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:17 pm

hello, I send you my thanks for your good work and the help you give to the Amiga community. Your work is very important to the community. I support your work. Thank TerribleFire
PS : sorry for my english writing.

Return to “Terriblefire's channel”