End of all TF (Amiga) projects

Help & news on accelerators from TF, Amiga, Atari, CD32 etc

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: End of all TF (Amiga) projects

Post by terriblefire »

Just to say that my YT channel will probably stay gone long term. Its something I stopped enjoying a while back and for various other reasons i would like to decrease my social media presence. This was just a good excuse tbh.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
kludge

Post by kludge »

terriblefire wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:52 am Just to say that my YT channel will probably stay gone long term. Its something I stopped enjoying a while back and for various other reasons i would like to decrease my social media presence. This was just a good excuse tbh.
Anti social media it is, then :)

Regarding JLCPCB I was hoping to find that they f*cked up their permissions and used the production code on the PCB for the download.

Looking at a couple of PCB's I've ordered it seems the production code contains all the info you'd need; 2173945A_Y19_200822, where 2173945A is a unique customer number, Y19 indicates that it's my 19th order and 200822 is the order date in YYMMDD. So if you'd just find a security hole somewhere on their site it might be possible.

Still hoping that they have a shitty website instead of them leaking stuff on purpose. If the gerbers came from them, that is.
A kludge is a workaround or quick-and-dirty solution that is clumsy, inelegant, inefficient, difficult to extend and hard to maintain.

My lack of focus:
[ 4 * Amiga 500 ][ Amiga 500+ ][ 2 * Amiga 600 ][ A1200 ][ Amiga 2000 w/ A2386 ][ Amiga 4000/030 w/ CyberVision 64 3D, FastLane SCSI Z3 ][ CD32 ][ VIC-20 ][ 4 * C64 Breadbin ][ 5 * C64C ][ 2 * C128 ][ C128D ][ C64 DTV ][ Mac Classic ][ Mac Classic II ][ Mac Colour Classic ]
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

kludge wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:58 am Still hoping that they have a shitty website instead of them leaking stuff on purpose. If the gerbers came from them, that is.
There arent many options ... assuming that this guy has the gerbers and isnt just photoshopping...

Myself, Matze and Hase all have had boards pirated by this clown. Matze uses Gitlab, i have a private repo on my home network. The only common point is JLCPCB.

I''m not convinced thats a sanding job.. even with sanding the board is sooo tight to DRC specs that it would be very difficult to reproduce accurately without essentially retracing every track manually. Which may have happened but the reproduction looks too accurate.

Im sure its either is a JLC leak or its photoshopped.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
matt020

Post by matt020 »

terriblefire wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:07 pm I''m not convinced thats a sanding job.. even with sanding the board is sooo tight to DRC specs that it would be very difficult to reproduce accurately
Have you seen any images of this cloned board working? Any screen images? Have you had anyone contact you to say Yes that they have purchased a board?

I only wonder if this is all bait and bullsh*t...
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

matt020 wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:49 pm
terriblefire wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:07 pm I''m not convinced thats a sanding job.. even with sanding the board is sooo tight to DRC specs that it would be very difficult to reproduce accurately
Have you seen any images of this cloned board working? Any screen images? Have you had anyone contact you to say Yes that they have purchased a board?

I only wonder if this is all bait and bullsh*t...
Nobody has replied. I suspect we shut him down too soon.

Not sure what he gains from baiting. I know users like **** were backing this guy and attacked the people who told me about.

@exxos i can see tracks on that image... they match up with a real board and there are trace shadows where the logo should be.
———
matt020

Post by matt020 »

terriblefire wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:02 pm Not sure what he gains from baiting.
You... shutting down your work... is what he gains. Getting a reaction from you is what he gains. Possible financial gain if he can reproduce the boards cheaper (?) is what he gains. "Teaching you a lesson" is what he gains.

And as it unfolded, I think he had it won, all of the above were happening in his favour!! And then I think we saw it backfire as we see from posts on Amibay...

I was hoping I didn't need to go into that level of detail, however...
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

terriblefire wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:02 pm @exxos i can see tracks on that image... they match up with a real board and there are trace shadows where the logo should be.
There could still be some residual traces.. Because a real PCB has them of course.. but there looks to be to much smudging going on.. The smudges look the same which, so either it is a paintbrush, or the guy has extremely greasy fingers... Even so to me the top of the PLD looks smudged out...

The only way to prove this would be to get a couple of black PCBs made yourself, and take exactly the same angled shots as the fake boards and see if you can see the tracks on that image clearly or not...

I don't think the image taken is of too bad of a resolution to cover up the entire board tracks, as I said, motherboard traces are clearly visible even though they are further away from the camera, but even a black PCB, while it can make the tracks harder to see, you should still be able to make them out a lot more clearly than in the image IMO.

I could be wrong, is probably a whole lot easier to photoshop the board than go to the trouble of reverse engineering...And I think probably still more plausible than a gerber leak somewhere... I guess you could always email him and ask who leaked in the Gerbers ? is not like he did not reply to you before...
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
Nick

Post by Nick »

terriblefire wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:07 pm I''m not convinced thats a sanding job..
I also doubt its a sanding job, because there is no reason reproduce the complete silkscreen and only omit the logo.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

I have looked at the silkscreen, and it looks too perfect to be a engineered copy... So it is either a leaked Gerber file somewhere(I really don't see any way he could have gotten them) , or photoshop IMO.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

exxos wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:32 pm I have looked at the silkscreen, and it looks too perfect to be a engineered copy... So it is either a leaked Gerber file somewhere(I really don't see any way he could have gotten them) , or photoshop IMO.
Wondering if this was a social engineering attempt to scam cash from a bad sentiment. that image... i wonder if its even his ...
———

Return to “Terriblefire's channel”