End of all TF (Amiga) projects

Help & news on accelerators from TF, Amiga, Atari, CD32 etc

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

Lukya

Re: End of all TF (Amiga) projects

Post by Lukya »

Many thanks for all your great work Stephen. I must say I was wondering if Paul R isn't right about a certain other accelerator design group. I do know that Bound has run afoul of Matze for the same reason as well. Still no matter, it's fantastic you've supported the Amiga community as far as you have and am happy to have used your boards, through approved suppliers to give life to these old beasts. Good luck with all your future endeavours!!!!
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Ok so I really don’t think the Warp guys are behind this.

Firstly they’ve been very helpful with my hunt for the “purple” issue and secondly this granny flat will clone their boards in a heartbeat too.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
oggie

Post by oggie »

What a bummer. I was looking forward to a 1260...

I have 2 tf536 and a tf330 to build, but I don't have the binaries to write. What am I to do? Can someone send them to me?
Velociraptor

Post by Velociraptor »

Sorry this has happened, tf.

Best to let the dust settle before asking about stuff like firmwares etc.
Tomswork

Post by Tomswork »

People you got to wonder. What they think sometimes
The tf cards were great for the hobbie

Tom
kamil.szarmach

Post by kamil.szarmach »

Acill wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:38 pm Wow, what a shock. Is it safe to assume its the other 060 accelerators in Poland feeling threatened that did this?
It's not like CS-Lab is going to make great profit on WARP project. It's also hobbystic. Thet are making profits on something different ;) They wanna make some stuff which looks and feels like harware from Amiga time - hyped and nice boxed. Just for bunch of people who can afford it. There is long queue to order.
If you wanna look for crazy theories - source of this stolen PCBs is from Germany :/ There is another project cheaper than WARP1260 but... Well for this project TF is a cheaper threat. If i see corectly - TF1260LC coulb be made for less than 250€. And there are new cards based on on 030 for more on market. But this is just crazy theory and i just hope it's not true - because what is best in Amiga world - it's choice of different solutions of new hardware.
I had plans to make some awesome low-cost boards when released using the LC chips I bought several dozen of too. What a blow. Thanks for everything you have done. I hope you reconsider though. You doing these boards is going to help get prices down to a realistic level.
Same as you - i hope there will be TF1260. There is huge community so there is huge chance that LC will work - which gives realistic chances to gamedev for 040+ - which gives us - developers - more posssibilities as we don't need to limit ourselves just for 030 players if 040 and 060 will be affordable.
Anyone thinking $550+ for an accelerator with no CPU is a good deal is foolish.
Well i can afford and going to buy. What's wrong with that?
terriblefire wrote:But the message I get from that region is “you will do what we want and like it”
That's not true. I wrote you PM there - there are few troll accounts that just like to watch world burn. Most people really appreciate your work here.
exxos wrote:@terriblefire yeah I saw the ppa posts.. Amazes me some seem totally oblivious to IP theft which is going on.

Edit. Now it seems fine to rip off peoples work and you should just accept it. I can see why the polish get so much hate for logic like that. Really pisses me off that does.
No we are not. There are some trolls that are not accepted in community.
Piracy was eradicated in my country like 10 years ago. There are still some - just like in any another country, but it's not something we accept. So please don't throw torches on whole nation just because of few trolls who are doing it on purpose - just to raise fire.
moebius_rising

Post by moebius_rising »

I was fortunate to get a legit TF536 via Alen which was my first (and I guess as of today, only) TerribleFire card. It's a fantastic piece of kit.

As much as this sucks, this Bound idiot will hopefully get his comeuppance, the Amiga scene has too many profiteers (read: old hags) that benefit from inflated fleabay prices and I wouldn't put up with this nonsense either.

I hope this gets sorted out for you Stephen and thanks for your contributions.
arkadiusz.makarenko
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by arkadiusz.makarenko »

@kamil.szarmach
There is a lot of insecurity in our nation.

Enough to brush off all our mistakes and issues and blame everyone else for our misfortune which is often our own making.

Reading TF related topics on PPA.pl there is a lot of posts which perfectly show this insecure directly aggressive position.
Do not trust people. They are capable of greatness.
~ Stanislaw Lem
adam

Post by adam »

Oh crap, this is unbelievable.
Are those boards still for sale on ebay? I would buy a couple and if they are fakes, just return them...
If enough people does similar, thieves would be thought a lesson...

Really sorry that such things are happening
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

adam wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:30 am Oh crap, this is unbelievable.
Are those boards still for sale on ebay? I would buy a couple and if they are fakes, just return them...
If enough people does similar, thieves would be thought a lesson...

Really sorry that such things are happening
If i see them for sale on ebay i'll buy them and then paypal claim him for selling console mods.

@exxos will tell you all about that
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."

Return to “Terriblefire's channel”