Help & news on accelerators from TF, Amiga, Atari, CD32 etc

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

arkadiusz.makarenko
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: End of all TF (Amiga) projects

Post by arkadiusz.makarenko »

terriblefire wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:26 pm
exxos wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:24 pm Was jlc the leak then ??
Not proven yet. But until i figure out what happened I will not be trusting them. If he got them from JLCPCB it means he has the TF1260/360 prototype Gerbers (which dont work without mods and he has no firmware for).

So I will be swapping some pins around if i do another batch.

EDIT: and using a different boardhouse.
Can XC95000s be read protected?
Do not trust people. They are capable of greatness.
~ Stanislaw Lem
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

terriblefire wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:56 pm If i see them on ebay without my logo the sellers will get reported to paypal and will likely get their bank accounts frozen.

The clones look too accurate to be reverse engineered. I suspect JLC has leaked the gerbers.
I think this is unlikely. His boards have no TF logo and JLCPCb only has the ones with the logo. I think he sanded them down like John did with the A1200 reamiga pcb.

What escapes me is the purpose of doing this. It’s not like the boards weren’t available.

EDIT: There are no words to describe how heartbreaking this is. I was really looking forward to making some ridiculously cheap 060 boards for the Amiga.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

It was done to “show” me, exxos and chucky a lesson. That much is obvious. I’ve also had some nasty responses to me announcing this over on ppa.pl.

In fairness the mods there have clamped down. But the message I get from that region is “you will do what we want and like it”...

So I’ll just share with a few friends and that’s that.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

Its possible he sanded them.. But why such effort to clone something which was due to be open sourced soon anyway... But he would have to clone the silk screen and text as well, it just looks to perfect to be a copy to me.

Even so, why remove the logo.. If your going to rip off something, why not make it green with logo like the original.. Everyone knows its a copy now., so again just seems stupid...
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

@terriblefire yeah I saw the ppa posts.. Amazes me some seem totally oblivious to IP theft which is going on.

Edit. Now it seems fine to rip off peoples work and you should just accept it. I can see why the polish get so much hate for logic like that. Really pisses me off that does.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
arkadiusz.makarenko
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by arkadiusz.makarenko »

I know that it is deep deep speculation now, but maybe it was done just to stop release any TF cards in the future?
Do not trust people. They are capable of greatness.
~ Stanislaw Lem
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

arkadiusz.makarenko wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:16 pm I know that it is deep deep speculation now, but maybe it was done just to stop release any TF cards in the future?
Maybe. There was only going to be two more cards anyways
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

terriblefire wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:18 pm
arkadiusz.makarenko wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:16 pm I know that it is deep deep speculation now, but maybe it was done just to stop release any TF cards in the future?
Maybe. There was only going to be two more cards anyways
There is one alternative to just release the files and put him out of business if they show up on sale somewhere.
richx

Post by richx »

To add to others, TF, you’ve done amazing work, thank you. Totally cool for someone to actually develop a cheap and finally attainable open 060 accelerator for the A1200 masses. Also very fun to be able to follow the development.

But best part for me and I’m sure many others was the building and future open source nature of the TF536/TF1260, to be enabled to play with and learn from the firmware and design sources, to see how things work and be able to utilize and adapt. There’s enough boring closed original hardware that can’t be repaired, replaced or extended.

Totally respect your wishes for how your work should be distributed, do hope you reconsider.
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rubber_jonnie »

Disgusting this has happened, I'm sure you know whatever you decide to do, I'm sure everybody here will give you their support :(
Collector of many retro things!
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...

Return to “Terriblefire's channel”