End of all TF (Amiga) projects

Help & news on accelerators from TF, Amiga, Atari, CD32 etc

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

PaulJ_2.0

Re: End of all TF (Amiga) projects

Post by PaulJ_2.0 »

terriblefire wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:25 pm Well i am going to do some things in Atari and Spectrum land next i think . Not going away completely.
This pleases me somewhat. I, against my better judgement have been getting into the Spectrum again and I'm really quite liking the community and the games (more than I thought I would).
I now have a couple of Rubber Key Speccys, a Toastrack and a Next, so I shall follow your progress on this format closely.

I've also been pondering getting an ST, as it's odd that I dont own at least one considering I owned one before I owned an Amiga and really liked it.

Anyhow whatever happens, you've left your mark on the Amiga community, so maybe it's for the best as Legends always end it too soon :)
GadgetUK164

Post by GadgetUK164 »

Gutted to hear this =( I cannot believe someone would do that! Maybe go with a firmware that cannot be read on the TF1260 and the TF360. They can copy the boards, but not the firmware then.
My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/GadgetUK164
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

GadgetUK164 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:15 pm Gutted to hear this =( I cannot believe someone would do that! Maybe go with a firmware that cannot be read on the TF1260 and the TF360. They can copy the boards, but not the firmware then.
I’m going to release gerbers for the TF536 in the next week. I’m not convinced these clones will actually work very well but I’ll make sure this guys work and expense are for nothing at all.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
chucky

Post by chucky »

About JLC... I am very sceptic it comes from them.. sure. MAYBE you can order a batch from the ID number JLC puts on all pcbs.. but I doubt it.
(you can now order pcbs without that ID on. all my new ReAmiga 3000 PCBs I have done have this removed as boards sold by me is the only ones I support. and are watermarked..)

Anyway. this is just sad. really sad. all as some person thinks he have the rights to do whatever he likes to..
Higgy

Post by Higgy »

Like everyone here, sorry to hear what has happened and respect your work.

The Amiga community can be like rats in a cage. Instead of helping each other we eat the other and still end up bound alone in the cage. :(

Just hoping the 060 mafia has not won the war and that TF forces are regrouping and going on special kick ass training.
protek

Post by protek »

Sorry to hear about what happened. It’s just sad that some people take advantage of other people’s hard work.
Amiga 4000, Amiga 1200, Amiga 500, Atari 520 STE, Atari 65 XE, Apple IIGS, Apple Macintosh Classic, Commodore 128D, Commodore 128, Commodore 64C, Commodore 64, Commodore 16, Commodore Vic-20, Amstrad CPC6128, Amstrad CPC464, Sinclair Spectrum +3, Sinclair Spectrum 48k, Memotech MTX500, Oric Atmos, BBC Master 128, Philips NMS-8250 MSX 2
Mark Sealey

Post by Mark Sealey »

Truly a sad time for the Amiga.....my TF536 and TF534 are awesome....it makes me sick to the core when i hear news like this....A True legend lost....all the hard work and endless hours only to be hounded and harassed by ppl lower than a snakes ass...... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
A500+ Pistorm EMU68... A600 Furia 020/33....A1200 TF1230
thorsten.otto

Post by thorsten.otto »

Although i'm not an amiga user, such things make me feel sad.
terriblefire wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:25 pm Well i am going to do some things in Atari and Spectrum land next i think . Not going away completely.
Yes, Atari, please ;) Our community surely can need some people with profound knowledge ;)
bnice7

Post by bnice7 »

Very sad to be reading this. Thank you, Stephen, for everything you've done for the Amiga community. I do hope you change your mind, but as a software dev., I completely understand if you don't. I understand you do all of these amazing projects as a hobby and it's deeply disturbing to me that these killjoys are out there and feel entitled to steal your work, not to mention it was just on the horizon to be open sourced.
Acill

Post by Acill »

Wow, what a shock. Is it safe to assume its the other 060 accelerators in Poland feeling threatened that did this? When will people learn that open source projects are the ONLY way our platform is going to survive. This really sucks. I had plans to make some awesome low-cost boards when released using the LC chips I bought several dozen of too. What a blow. Thanks for everything you have done. I hope you reconsider though. You doing these boards is going to help get prices down to a realistic level. Anyone thinking $550+ for an accelerator with no CPU is a good deal is foolish.

Return to “Terriblefire's channel”