End of all TF (Amiga) projects

Help & news on accelerators from TF, Amiga, Atari, CD32 etc

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

RokiS

Re: End of all TF (Amiga) projects

Post by RokiS »

That's good news :D
I think that's a good way out of this situation.
8 Bit Dreams
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by 8 Bit Dreams »

If someone needs A1200 connectors - let me know, offer them for the price ive paid. Have 100 pieces
Retro computer hardware & repair in Germany
trixster

Post by trixster »

I hope you'll consider doing some more live-streams, Stephen, as it's really interesting to see what you're up to (and listen to scottish rock in the background!)

Andy
arkadiusz.makarenko
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by arkadiusz.makarenko »

@terriblefire

Could you explain purple screen fix one day?
Do not trust people. They are capable of greatness.
~ Stanislaw Lem
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

trixster wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:13 am I hope you'll consider doing some more live-streams, Stephen, as it's really interesting to see what you're up to (and listen to scottish rock in the background!)

Andy
You may have noticed that i'd only done one stream since June anyways. It was something i'd planned to wind down even before this.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

arkadiusz.makarenko wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:20 am @terriblefire

Could you explain purple screen fix one day?
Over a beer at the next SAUG meetup.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
kludge

Post by kludge »

I've been following your projects since the 520/530 days, and I'm sad to see what started as an open source line of affordable accelerators for people to learn from has now boiled down to something much less. Don't get me wrong; the technology is awesome and the accelerators are great, but for me, the great value of it was the open source side of things. I was really sad when the TF534 was the last board to be fully open sourced, but I found some comfort in that at least the TF536, TF330 and later boards at least would have freely available gerbers and jed:s, so that anyone could build them. For as long as the components would be available. Now the 536 has to be built NOW (if Exxos is going to produce any more boards), or the opportunity will be missed.

My plan was to buy 10-ish unpopulated PCB's to be able to build boards when I had the urge, but that's not going to happen now.

Came for the open source, stayed for the gerbers. But now? I don't know. Sorry.

I know it's your decision, and I don't carry enough weight to make you change your mind. Just thinking out loud...
A kludge is a workaround or quick-and-dirty solution that is clumsy, inelegant, inefficient, difficult to extend and hard to maintain.

My lack of focus:
[ 4 * Amiga 500 ][ Amiga 500+ ][ 2 * Amiga 600 ][ A1200 ][ Amiga 2000 w/ A2386 ][ Amiga 4000/030 w/ CyberVision 64 3D, FastLane SCSI Z3 ][ CD32 ][ VIC-20 ][ 4 * C64 Breadbin ][ 5 * C64C ][ 2 * C128 ][ C128D ][ C64 DTV ][ Mac Classic ][ Mac Classic II ][ Mac Colour Classic ]
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

kludge wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:27 am I've been following your projects since the 520/530 days, and I'm sad to see what started as an open source line of affordable accelerators for people to learn from has now boiled down to something much less. Don't get me wrong; the technology is awesome and the accelerators are great, but for me, the great value of it was the open source side of things. I was really sad when the TF534 was the last board to be fully open sourced, but I found some comfort in that at least the TF536, TF330 and later boards at least would have freely available gerbers and jed:s, so that anyone could build them. For
Not to be pedantic but since April the TF330 was fully opened. Schematics, verilog.. everything. I'm sure someone has a fork of it on github somewhere.
———
kludge

Post by kludge »

terriblefire wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:44 am Not to be pedantic but since April the TF330 was fully opened. Schematics, verilog.. everything. I'm sure someone has a fork of it on github somewhere.
Oh, well. I’ve been quite offline during spring/summer so I missed that.
A kludge is a workaround or quick-and-dirty solution that is clumsy, inelegant, inefficient, difficult to extend and hard to maintain.

My lack of focus:
[ 4 * Amiga 500 ][ Amiga 500+ ][ 2 * Amiga 600 ][ A1200 ][ Amiga 2000 w/ A2386 ][ Amiga 4000/030 w/ CyberVision 64 3D, FastLane SCSI Z3 ][ CD32 ][ VIC-20 ][ 4 * C64 Breadbin ][ 5 * C64C ][ 2 * C128 ][ C128D ][ C64 DTV ][ Mac Classic ][ Mac Classic II ][ Mac Colour Classic ]
adam

Post by adam »

@kludge do not despair:)
terriblefire wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:26 amI probably will one day publish but dont ask when.

Return to “Terriblefire's channel”