Help & news on accelerators from TF, Amiga, Atari, CD32 etc

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: Fake TF536s Bounty (Bound Edition)

Post by terriblefire »

hammer wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:19 pm
terriblefire wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:15 pm But when Steve Jones did that the case he copied was no longer for sale.

I have no problem reproducing stuff that has gone out of production.
I was referring to the original checkmate A1500 which used Amiga 500 motherboard, not with the recent Amiga 3000 inspired A1500 case.
That case wasnt a 100% like for like replacement for an existing product. Also called a different name.

This guy has deliberately cloned this to screw me over. He told people this. Now he's pretending he didnt.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
arkadiusz.makarenko
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by arkadiusz.makarenko »

If he had access to boards in mind when he was cloning it, then he could just release project and gerbers before Terrible Fire would. But he didn't do it, he tried to sell it.
Do not trust people. They are capable of greatness.
~ Stanislaw Lem
kamil.szarmach

Post by kamil.szarmach »

I doubt that bound guy sold anything or more over sent it to anybody.
You reacted quickly (as i bet you were informed by polish customers that someone is selling fakes) - he added this ad day before you announced end of projects ( i really hope you will change mind yet - seeing that whole community backs you up). So he announced this at friday evening, even if someone ordered some i doubt he got time to send them on saturday (i always have problem with ordering from Germany as not many postal services works there on saturdays). So we only have photos that looks somehow similar to TF536 but it will be hard to prove in court what it was.
But...
If anybody ordered from him - this is legal case for... fraud attempt :D
I'm gonna wrote about this in multiple polish channels - maybe someone got this shit from him or already paid and got nothing.

As i wrote on ppa - this bound guy just ruined his career as he's gonna lose everything (job, opinion, probably some money) when shit hits fan. If i were him - i would stop trolling, playing dumb and started to apologize TF for everything - just hoping that TF will agree for some official agreement of punishment.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

I'd settle for perm ban from Amibay and PPA.PL.

Its a long shot on the black fakes but if i can get my hands on them i can maybe make them harder to clone too.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

Let me also point out that Stephen had completely removed himself from the retail due to all sorts of headaches (which I perfectly understand) and exxos took over the PCBs which he does in fact ship to Poland. I ship prebuilt ones anywhere, including Poland even if the postage is as expensive as shipping to Australia. It's not discrimination, it's the way the way the postal system works. I don't know why, but that's how it is.

In fact Regular 250g parcels to Poland cost $50 at counter rates. Despite this I got a deal with UPS that lets me ship at roughly half that cost. Efforts were made... So this whole "racist" argument doesn't hold water.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Seems this guy has also been cloning Matze's betas..

https://allegrolokalnie.pl/oferta/tk-a4 ... owosc-2020

Just in from him. The racist thing is just an excuse to make people not challenge him. He picked the wrong person to accuse of that.
———
kamil.szarmach

Post by kamil.szarmach »

There is new information from wali - this guy was also "offering" hese's firebird pci cards. So it looks like like someone was targeting on scaming polish community. Because it's impossible that he had it.
Orginal post from ppa:
wali7 wrote:This guy was also offering hese's Firebird for A4000, but this card is still in the protype and hese is not selling PCBs. I have written about this in another thread. Personally I think this is scam, where there is no cards/clones/etc and the thief had prepared fake offers to scam some of us. Ironically, because of a regular criminal all of our community suffers, not only in Poland.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

@hammer please stop going on about IBM PCs. Its adding nothing, we all know the story and dont care. Something else is happening here.

I spoke to Matze.. Only common point for mine, Hese and his boards is JLCPCB.

I think we have a mole there.
———
PaulJ_2.0

Post by PaulJ_2.0 »

terriblefire wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:45 am I think we have a mole there.
I doubt they would be interested in doing such things, it would kill them if something like this were true.

I'm thinking Bound has found a way of getting gerbers from the ID on the boards.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

I've contacted JLCPCB. Given them all of bounds details and asked them to investigate.

I'm also going to stop using JLCPCB until i get a satisfactory answer. Also I will swap over all the pins i can on the TF1260/TF360 revision bump them and drop support for the older cards. Or at least.. if you want them updated you have to send the card to me.

As exxos said the clone is too close to original and happened too quickly for a sanding job. I think he is telling people he's sanding but hes found a way.. either a mole or a flaw in the website to get the gerbers.
———

Return to “Terriblefire's channel”