Fake TF536s Bounty (Bound Edition)

Help & news on accelerators from TF, Amiga, Atari, CD32 etc

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

Homer79

Re: Fake TF536s Bounty (Bound Edition)

Post by Homer79 »

Just for reference, This is a picture of a JLCPCB black TF530 PCB. The other traces on the other side of
the board have disappeared. So I guess it would be up to the quality of the camera taking the picture

JLCPCB Black TF530
JLCPCB Black TF530
black TF530.jpg (37.92 KiB) Viewed 4822 times
bnice7

Post by bnice7 »

Has anyone ever used or have access to the jlcpcb API? I did some googling, and from what I can tell it seems this is something new from them, with the article announcing the feature dated July 7, 2020:

https://support.jlcpcb.com/article/71-jlc-api-solution

I'm wondering if this seemingly new API is buggy and maybe a potential source for the leak. I can't find much other info. about it, and I don't even have a jlcpcb login since I've never ordered anything from them before.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

Homer79 wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:11 pm Just for reference, This is a picture of a JLCPCB black TF530 PCB. The other traces on the other side of
the board have disappeared. So I guess it would be up to the quality of the camera taking the picture
It's possible I guess, though the motherboard traces of visible clearly been further away from the camera...But I guess a camera could be pretty crap in "near black" areas. Still doesn't explain the smudging looking in some areas tho.

bnice7 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:24 am Has anyone ever used or have access to the jlcpcb API? I did some googling, and from what I can tell it seems this is something new from them, with the article announcing the feature dated July 7, 2020:

https://support.jlcpcb.com/article/71-jlc-api-solution

I'm wondering if this seemingly new API is buggy and maybe a potential source for the leak. I can't find much other info. about it, and I don't even have a jlcpcb login since I've never ordered anything from them before.

I have not heard of that one...

I have contacted JLC about the order numbers actually printed on the boards...
about the reorder question, our customer can only re-order the orders in their own account,and they can not reorder it if the order is not his even if he has the order number.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

Some more ponders...

A "fault" in the silk screen... Which was on the TF boards, but also on the fake ones.. if actually cloning a board, why bother to re-create a fault...

1.PNG
1.PNG (14.35 KiB) Viewed 4556 times

Also some odd pixelation on top of the CPU..

2.PNG
2.PNG (12.21 KiB) Viewed 4556 times

But it looks like the CE was also removed, but also looks like the end of the E is still there as a lighter block, which also looks mirrored to the left.. where they should be nothing there as no text etc..

3.PNG
3.PNG (35.65 KiB) Viewed 4556 times

Also, granted the PCB is angled, why do the 4 buffer chips look straight, and not angled, but also look staggered to the left.. That doesn't make sense... could just be pixelation I guess... but the angle of the PCB is pretty steep...

4.PNG
4.PNG (28.25 KiB) Viewed 4556 times

As others said, he seems to have boards which he shouldn't have.. so again either leaked from JLC or hes photoshopped all the boards.. I haven't see any other of the "fake" images of other items he was selling.. but I am still leaning towards photoshopped ..
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
GadgetUK164

Post by GadgetUK164 »

I am leaning towards the fact it may be someone trying to take a load of pre-order money in advance. He probably planned to just not fullfil orders, or send out original TF536's once the gerbers became available.

I would expect that imperfection to have been removed if he had the gerbers. It's too obvious.
My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/GadgetUK164
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

GadgetUK164 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:19 pm I would expect that imperfection to have been removed if he had the gerbers. It's too obvious.
Unless he missed it. He removed the CE mark, Trash Can and TF Logo.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Ok i've found where this guy works. Its a CAM setup that looks like it has equipment that could be used to remove PCB layers very accurately and scan them. I think this guy is using expensive equipment at his work to do this.

Interestingly the listed customers of this business usually have requirements to only use businesses that act with integrity. :D

Unfortunately the only option to stop this guy is to get him fired.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

I'm sure his employer would be interested to know how many times IP theft has been committed.. Unless they know and don't care..
adam

Post by adam »

terriblefire wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:06 am Ok i've found where this guy works.
Automotive industry?
GadgetUK164

Post by GadgetUK164 »

terriblefire wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:06 am Ok i've found where this guy works. Its a CAM setup that looks like it has equipment that could be used to remove PCB layers very accurately and scan them. I think this guy is using expensive equipment at his work to do this.

Interestingly the listed customers of this business usually have requirements to only use businesses that act with integrity. :D

Unfortunately the only option to stop this guy is to get him fired.
We have not only a genius amongst us, but sherlock holmes too!!!! Nice detective work there! Please be my lawer if I ever need one!!!!
My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/GadgetUK164

Return to “Terriblefire's channel”