Help & news on accelerators from TF, Amiga, Atari, CD32 etc

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Fake TF536s Bounty (Bound Edition)

Post by terriblefire »

I'm putting together a legal case...

If anyone has actually been sold a black TF536 by Bound i will pay £500 for it. I will need proof of the transaction and some photos.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Fake TF536s Bounty (Bound Edition)

Post by exxos »

:bravo: I am sure everyone here will offer support in your venture.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
dalek

Post by dalek »

He's not worth it. Save yourself some stress.
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

Another incentive: if anyone wants to send a prebuilt black fake board to Stephen I will send you a genuine one free of charge.
hammer

Post by hammer »

terriblefire wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:57 pm I'm putting together a legal case...

If anyone has actually been sold a black TF536 by Bound i will pay £500 for it. I will need proof of the transaction and some photos.
IBM tried to stop the cloners and it failed.

IF Bound sold the clone TF536 as "TF536" or "TerribleFire TF536" without renaming it to something like "Bound BD536 compatible TF536", Bound would be in the legal fire. No successful PC cloners have named their IBM PC compatible clones as "IBM PC".

PC cloners usually use "IBM PC compatible" to describe their clone XYZ PC products.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

He represented the TF536 as a TF536... Not even as a clone.

Not telling people its a clone is misrepresenting things. For IBM clones they were done by not looking at the original. This dude bought the originals and sanded them down.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

Its laughable when the card is reproduced with "(c) s.Leary" still on it. Unless the guy can prove he has legal documents signed by stephen to use his name on the boards..
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
hammer

Post by hammer »

terriblefire wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:53 pm He represented the TF536 as a TF536... Not even as a clone.

Not telling people its a clone is misrepresenting things. For IBM clones they were done by not looking at the original. This dude bought the originals and sanded them down.
PC BIOS was clean copied. Micheal Dell started his PC clone business from re-selling upgraded IBM PCs. Micheal Dell claims IBM PC was mostly Intel reference design and off-the-shelf parts. IBM PC ISA bus was built on Intel 8088 bus.

Steven Jones (A1500 fame) and co. did a similar thing with genuine Amiga 500 motherboards with Checkmate A1500 case, but Checkmate A1500 wasn't sold as "Commodore-Amiga 1500".

Newtek did a similar thing with genuine Amiga 2000 when they bundled customized Amiga 2000 with the Video Toaster. Newtek hidden Commodore-Amiga name from their turnkey solution. https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/ ... 1862437411
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

But when Steve Jones did that the case he copied was no longer for sale.

I have no problem reproducing stuff that has gone out of production.
———
hammer

Post by hammer »

terriblefire wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:15 pm But when Steve Jones did that the case he copied was no longer for sale.

I have no problem reproducing stuff that has gone out of production.
I was referring to the original checkmate A1500 which used Amiga 500 motherboard, not with the recent Amiga 3000 inspired A1500 case.

Return to “Terriblefire's channel”