Terriblefire State of the Union....

Help & news on accelerators from TF, Amiga, Atari, CD32 etc

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

Higgy

Re: Terribllefire State of the Union....

Post by Higgy »

I think that individual on that forum is suffering from Lockdown fever, it's sad how those couple of threads have gone.

To the TF1260, I drink a toast to the brother I never knew.

I am so grateful I managed to get a TF360. It has been getting a lot of work running demos (with a very high success rate).
This is the main impressive demo that I found does not run:
http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=81085 (Knarkzilla)
Would be interesting to know how it goes on the 1260 and 4060.
The CPU speed adjustment is also a lovely feature.

Cheers
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

This seemed apt for this thread...

726517.png
726517.png (829.67 KiB) Viewed 3718 times
Maximilian

Post by Maximilian »

Maximilian wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:58 pm
terriblefire wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:41 pm
Nice one!

I like him!
sugar

Post by sugar »

Great to hear you are still enjoying tinkering about. All in all 2020 was a pretty shit year so hopefully we get to the latter part of 2021 soon where things are not as bad. Looking forward to the TF360 update :D
stephen_usher

Post by stephen_usher »

Unfortunately in the computing area of life there are a lot of egotistical, self-opinionated, arrogant and socially inept gits and they ruin it for everyone else.

Take care. The unreleased boards looks amazing.

Good luck with the move!
Intro retro computers since before they were retro...
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
Collection now with added Macs, Amigas, Suns and Acorns.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Thanks all.. If anyone is interested one of the Scottish Amiga guys has reviewed the TF1260.... and compared it to a well known and controversial card.

http://www.jmcdonline.com/2021/01/14/my ... celerator/
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
kandyman-iac

Post by kandyman-iac »

Stephen, I’m so sorry to hear. I knew about none of this. It’s totally f**ked. There’s drama and BS in every community even here in Aus.

I’m Australia based, with English parents, who retired to Scotland at the beginning of the pandemic (not knowing they would be permanently staying put). Mum and dads closest friends are all scots, so they get the sense of humour.

I actually found this because I was googling the TF360 cards. I was hoping own one, one day. But I was just taunting myself with it. My poor CD32 started yellow screening on me on my birthday in Sept. I guess everything shitty started happening in Sept.

You do you. And all the things that make you happy.

I’ll be buying a TF accelerator for my Amiga and possible ST from one of your listed sellers sometime this year. And dreaming of fixing a CD32 that might be finally gone.

MAXIMUM respect for everything you brought to the community and the amount of care and dedication it took.

IF these updates trickle through about A1200 and A4000 and other machine mods/enhancements then I’ll watch on like always with excitement and AWE.

Till then, good luck flying :)
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

arkadiusz.makarenko wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:47 pm So what are your plans for 2021?
Survive and move house :). But in all seriousness I have no more boards planned. All the boards I ever wanted to make exist now.

Maybe some tweaks to existing ones.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
PaulJ_2.0

Post by PaulJ_2.0 »

To be honest, as sad as I am that I never got to build a 1260 for myself, I kinda like the way it has turned out.
Stephen, you've done far more good for the Amiga community than anyone else I could think of and that will always be the case, I am sure.
The 1260 and the 4060 will be the stuff of legends in the future, with people even arguing their existence. All this will ensure the TerribleFire name/brand will have a rock and roll status in years to come.

The trick is to enjoy what you do (cough cough Agnus) and f**k the detractors, they offer nothing but salt.
The path to happiness is filled with dicks that need to be ignored.

I hope you all have a great 2021 and may the sun shine upon you.
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

Gotta Agree with Paul.

Good luck with 2021
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.

Return to “Terriblefire's channel”