TF1230 Design Complete

Help & news on accelerators from TF, Amiga, Atari, CD32 etc

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

chucky

Re: TF1230 Design Complete

Post by chucky »

the A1200 have a "clockport" and could be taken as a big hint :)
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

chucky wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:28 am the A1200 have a "clockport" and could be taken as a big hint :)
Clockport is for a BLINKENLIGHTS upgrade from my next door neighbour. Dont you know anything :lol:
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
keithamiga1200

Post by keithamiga1200 »

Awesome :D It's a shame you don't do YT any more, as I enjoyed watching the progress of your projects.
Maximilian

Post by Maximilian »

keithamiga1200 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:11 pm Awesome :D It's a shame you don't do YT any more, as I enjoyed watching the progress of your projects.
Certainly!!!
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Ah i have better things to do with my life than get abused on YT.... Dont miss it at all.

Fun reading through some of the forums about the TF1230.. People still seem to think this is a product I will make money from and that I have misjudged the "market" lol. absolutely bonkers.

Its hysterical that after everything people still think this. The TF1230 board is for me, the equivalent of someone spending an afternoon playing solitaire, minecraft or mucking around in Deluxe paint... its a doodle, a sketch... there is no expected return from it. Heck when i posted the first post on this thread even I wasnt sure if it was an April fools or not.

Buy it or dont buy it... i get nothing either way... If you do buy it then enjoy it or bin it... use it as a cup holder :)

Either way its in production and is expected to land on Chucky's workbench in ten days or so. Its going there this time due to my impending house move.

Initial firmware is already created

https://github.com/terriblefire/terribl ... ter/tf1230

EDIT: I guess this time at least more people "get it" than before.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
JezC

Post by JezC »

Hope more people appreciate your generosity in making your fun projects available to the rest of us!

Nothing beyond an A500/A500+ for me but am still following this with interest!

Keep enjoying your hobbies however best suits you sir!
Laupert

Post by Laupert »

terriblefire wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:34 pm Ah i have better things to do with my life than get abused on YT.... Dont miss it at all.

Fun reading through some of the forums about the TF1230.. People still seem to think this is a product I will make money from and that I have misjudged the "market" lol. absolutely bonkers.
I've read some of those threads and it's just embarrassing. Although I have the impression that at least 95% of the community manage to behave themselves in a polite manner, I'm sometimes amazed about the amount of bullshit those remaining 5% manage to produce. It does however seem to be limited to some forums and seems (unfortunately) to be worse in the Amiga community than other communities. I've never seen C64 or MSX hobbyist hardware developers getting shit for putting enough effort into their hobbyist project.

YT is in a league of its own, regardless of topic...
SmileyBob

Post by SmileyBob »

I Just wanted to say thank you to Mr. Leary for still creating stuff for us all in the Amiga community, even though some people have been downright disgraceful with how they have treated him.

I used to watch his YouTube videos which were all very interesting and I was hoping to learn some bits and pieces from him. I have recently started learning to use KiCad and have a new appreciation for his work.

Now having the opportunity to own a tf1230 is amazing, it’s all I really need as most Amiga software won’t utilise anything faster and the increased ram for me is the main benefit. It’s going to be a great product and I can’t wait to get my hands on it.

Thank you again Mr. Leary for everything you have contributed to the Amiga community, time being the most precious of all 😊
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

SmileyBob wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:15 am I Just wanted to say thank you to Mr. Leary for still creating stuff for us all in the Amiga community, even though some people have been downright disgraceful with how they have treated him.
Thankyou. I'm not looking for people to tell me i'm great lol.. i know thats not true. Dont mind the "thats not for me" comments either. Thats fair..

A fun one that stood out for me was "the problem would be solved if he did an 040". Which problem? I dont have a problem that needs an 040 :)
———
adam

Post by adam »

terriblefire wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:41 am
SmileyBob wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:15 am I Just wanted to say thank you to Mr. Leary for still creating stuff for us all in the Amiga community, even though some people have been downright disgraceful with how they have treated him.
Thankyou. I'm not looking for people to tell me i'm great lol.. i know thats not true. Dont mind the "thats not for me" comments either. Thats fair..

A fun one that stood out for me was "the problem would be solved if he did an 040". Which problem? I dont have a problem that needs an 040 :)
Yeah, this is a comedy sometimes.
I'll add to it:
TF1240 confirmed!!!

Return to “Terriblefire's channel”