Terriblefire Dabbles with Arcades

Help & news on accelerators from TF, Amiga, Atari, CD32 etc

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Terriblefire Dabbles with Arcades

Post by terriblefire »

stephen_usher wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:15 am Too many people thing that money is the only motivation anyone can have. It's a sad reflection of some people's values.

Anyway, more importantly, what are the three arcade cabinets?!
I have a Street Fighter II reproduction Cab with a gorgeous CRT here already. It came with a Dos arcade thing i've ripped out.

I have a Pacman Multicade CRT Cab on the way from England.

I have a fixer upper of a Space Invaders Cab being transported by the Coin Op King for me that i plan to restore.

I've purchased the following PCBs :-

1. Street Fighter II CPS1 Jamma
2. 1943 Jamma
3. Chase HQ (Sort of Jamma)
4. Super Space Invaders
5. Real Break Jamma.

I've also got a Pandora coming but i'm not sure i'll use that much.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Terriblefire Dabbles with Arcades

Post by exxos »

Company I used to work for repaired arcade machines. They chucked out so much stuff it was unreal. All those old logic boards like 2 foot square . we even saw Atari ones like area 51 , jag based machines. We did all sorts, who wants to be a millionaire machines , fruit machines.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

exxos wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:08 am Company I used to work for repaired arcade machines. They chucked out so much stuff it was unreal. All those old logic boards like 2 foot square . we even saw Atari ones like area 51 , jag based machines. We did all sorts, who wants to be a millionaire machines , fruit machines.
My ultimate goal is either a full Outrun or Chase HQ Cabinet with functioning lights
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
GadgetUK164

Post by GadgetUK164 »

terriblefire wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:41 am
stephen_usher wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:15 am Too many people thing that money is the only motivation anyone can have. It's a sad reflection of some people's values.

Anyway, more importantly, what are the three arcade cabinets?!
I have a Street Fighter II reproduction Cab with a gorgeous CRT here already. It came with a Dos arcade thing i've ripped out.

I have a Pacman Multicade CRT Cab on the way from England.

I have a fixer upper of a Space Invaders Cab being transported by the Coin Op King for me that i plan to restore.

I've purchased the following PCBs :-

1. Street Fighter II CPS1 Jamma
2. 1943 Jamma
3. Chase HQ (Sort of Jamma)
4. Super Space Invaders
5. Real Break Jamma.

I've also got a Pandora coming but i'm not sure i'll use that much.

Nice =D I can certainly see the attraction to arcade hardware! Wish I had a bloody basement that size lol!!! I've throughly enjoyed working on Neo Geo boards, and recently Punisher (boot) and that Sega Mega-Tech board. It's always interesting to see the bespoke design of hardware for a single game (in some cases more than one game, but often they are aimed at just one or two titles).
My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/GadgetUK164
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

Outrun would be really cool, I would love a full sized sega rally and time crisis but no room for either :lol:
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

PhilC wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:40 am Outrun would be really cool, I would love a full sized sega rally and time crisis but no room for either :lol:
I couldnt get the Sega rally into the basement. its too big.
———
trixster

Post by trixster »

I would love to have a Street Fighter 2 cab, that would be a dream! As would the space to put it! :D
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

trixster wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:10 am I would love to have a Street Fighter 2 cab, that would be a dream! As would the space to put it! :D
I have room for 5 full size cabs in the room i'm fitting out.
———
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

@terriblefire im sure I saw an outrun machine in Skegness back in the day that used an MX-5 for the driving controls and then the biggest CRT I've ever seen. At least I think it was Outrun.
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
trixster

Post by trixster »

terriblefire wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:21 am
trixster wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:10 am I would love to have a Street Fighter 2 cab, that would be a dream! As would the space to put it! :D
I have room for 5 full size cabs in the room i'm fitting out.
You’re living the dream then! Worth the house move alone for that :)

Return to “Terriblefire's channel”