The future of TerribleFire

Help & news on accelerators from TF, Amiga, Atari, CD32 etc

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

go0se

Re: The future of TerribleFire

Post by go0se »

alexh wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:57 pm A CDTV CD-ROM (custom Matsushita) -> PATA ATAPI CD-ROM bridge.
Sounds like a job for a Principal ASIC Engineer to me.... preferably one with SystemVerilog and/or VHDL experience, oh, and an interest in the CDTV!... :lol:
GadgetUK164

Post by GadgetUK164 »

go0se wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:10 pm
alexh wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:57 pm A CDTV CD-ROM (custom Matsushita) -> PATA ATAPI CD-ROM bridge.
Sounds like a job for a Principal ASIC Engineer to me.... preferably one with SystemVerilog and/or VHDL experience, oh, and an interest in the CDTV!... :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/GadgetUK164
Duncan

Post by Duncan »

something for the A600 would be nice, there is nothing for it. The Vampire for the A600 was discontinued some time ago, and there really is nothing else, apart from the Furia's that appear from time on Ebay. Of the small box machines, it has always been the one that is left wanting.

I know a card for the 040 might seem like a dumb idea, but it would at least be a way of using all available CPU's on the market, if you can't get an 060 card, then get an 040 one, i don't know, just a thought.

:)
"I've seen things you people wouldn't ken, I've seen motors on fire, on the shoulder near Kinryan, I have watched vejazels glitter in the dark, at the black Trongate, awe these moments, will be lost in time, like beers ... when I'm hame. Time to fry"
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Duncan wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:46 pm something for the A600 would be nice, there is nothing for it. The Vampire for the A600 was discontinued some time ago, and there really is nothing else, apart from the Furia's that appear from time on Ebay. Of the small box machines, it has always been the one that is left wanting.

I know a card for the 040 might seem like a dumb idea, but it would at least be a way of using all available CPU's on the market, if you can't get an 060 card, then get an 040 one, i don't know, just a thought.
Dude you're one of the few that have visited the Dungeon... you think i need more stuff :D :lol:
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
PaulJ_2.0

Post by PaulJ_2.0 »

Duncan wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:46 pm something for the A600 would be nice, there is nothing for it. The Vampire for the A600 was discontinued some time ago, and there really is nothing else, apart from the Furia's that appear from time on Ebay.
A600's are catered for quite well. The Furia is available new and cheaply. It's pretty much the goto for A600 acceleration if you want to WHDload your machine for cheap.
Any competing card would have to do something extraordinary for it to usurp the Furia.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
patracy

Post by patracy »

If the TF4060 is close, I have two questions. Since it uses IDE, will it not rely on the 3000's super-dma chip? (I've had issues with mine) Also in testing, what kind of speeds have you seen from the IDE?
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

patracy wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:00 pm If the TF4060 is close, I have two questions. Since it uses IDE, will it not rely on the 3000's super-dma chip? (I've had issues with mine) Also in testing, what kind of speeds have you seen from the IDE?
I've not done the IDE interface yet. It will look like the TF1260s and use the ehide.device. I've also not booted the TF4060 since Feb.
———
patracy

Post by patracy »

Oooh, that would mean it couldn't boot from the controller wouldn't it? (Sorry just gathering what I can from searches)
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

I really dont want to get into this but here is no reason why they couldnt boot from the TF IDE. The design is different on the 4000.
———

Return to “Terriblefire's channel”