The future of TerribleFire

Help & news on accelerators from TF, Amiga, Atari, CD32 etc

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

The future of TerribleFire

Post by terriblefire »

So now that the TF536 is sorted, TF1230 looks mostly sorted and the TF1260 has sold more than i ever thought it would I guess there is only one big question.... Whats next for TerribleFire?

Well I plan to..

1. Complete a further update to the TF1260 which is in the works now and then Open File it before Xmas I hope.
2. Complete the TF360 after that using its update to enable the CD-Drive (I expect @supaduper will be the man for that, maybe @alenppc too). Eventually becoming Open File.
3. Complete the TF4060... which is almost there.
4. Complete the TF1200... which is almost there.

And then i'm done with new Amiga projects. I have already started Arcade projects, TF chip reproductions for Arcade machines and the is the TFMSX to play with too.

When i total up... TF520, TF530, TF534, TF328, TF330, TF536, TF360, TF1260, TF1230, TF4060, TF1200 + TFRiser ... I think thats my limit. It covers all but one Amiga... the A600 which is quite nicely catered for already.

So i'm not going anywhere i've just no itch to make any more Amiga cards. RTG doesnt interest me at all and TBH ... i've no idea how to do that.

EDIT: if at some point it becomes obvious that there is a need in the Amiga market for a particular product i may do it.. but i think the gaps are nicely filled now.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
AndreaM

Re: The future of TerribleFire

Post by AndreaM »

Sounds totally fair. I'm glad you've had enough interest in Amigas to do everything you've done.
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings that answers to either Andrea or fluffkitten
arkadiusz.makarenko
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by arkadiusz.makarenko »

terriblefire wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:29 pm TF520, TF530, TF534, TF328, TF330, TF536, TF360, TF1260, TF1230, TF4060 + TFRiser
... multiple revisions of most of those cards!
Do not trust people. They are capable of greatness.
~ Stanislaw Lem
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

I forgot the TF1200... add that to the list
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
Steve

Post by Steve »

Time for some Atari loving perhaps? A Terriblefire/Exxos collaboration? :D
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Steve wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:58 pm Time for some Atari loving perhaps? A Terriblefire/Exxos collaboration? :D
If I were to do anything Atari it would Falcon related. I have thoughts on what i'd do ... but not enough to start anything.
———
arkadiusz.makarenko
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by arkadiusz.makarenko »

terriblefire wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:16 pm
Steve wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:58 pm Time for some Atari loving perhaps? A Terriblefire/Exxos collaboration? :D
If I were to do anything Atari it would Falcon related. I have thoughts on what i'd do ... but not enough to start anything.
...like Atari Falcon reproduction? This computer is unobtanium for years now.
Do not trust people. They are capable of greatness.
~ Stanislaw Lem
EzdineG

Post by EzdineG »

Thanks for all you've done, Stephen. Been with you since the 520 days; my sight has deteriorated so I haven't built anything since the 534, but @alenppc has had me covered.

I have learned an incredible amount from you, and am looking forward to what comes next.
Steve

Post by Steve »

terriblefire wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:16 pm
Just in-case you're interested, Pavel has been re-designing a Falcon motherboard:
https://github.com/salacpavel/F030NG

Not sure if it may give you some ideas or not. Of course we also have @Badwolf working on his accelerator, if you feel like lending him a hand :)
PaulJ_2.0

Post by PaulJ_2.0 »

How about FPGA?
Or is that swearing here?

Return to “Terriblefire's channel”