TF1260 Fan header

Help & news on accelerators from TF, Amiga, Atari, CD32 etc

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

supaduper

TF1260 Fan header

Post by supaduper »

I have over the last few months have some people ask me about using the fan header, so here is a general overview.

You cannot put a three pin header on the board as it will hit the underside of the A1200 keyboard shield, so what I do is make up a three pin header from some dupont cables, just see the picture it`s self explanatory.

take note of the pinout markings that I put on my board EG Neg and Positive( middle pin), and the output is 12v

There is a dummy cap next to my lead that I put on it to stop it shorting anywhere :)

TF1260 Fan lead.jpg
TF1260 Fan lead.jpg (213.59 KiB) Viewed 2997 times
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: TF1260 Fan header

Post by terriblefire »

supaduper wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:42 am I have over the last few months have some people ask me about using the fan header, so here is a general overview.

You cannot put a three pin header on the board as it will hit the underside of the A1200 keyboard shield, so what I do is make up a three pin header from some dupont cables, just see the picture it`s self explanatory.

take note of the pinout markings that I put on my board EG Neg and Positive( middle pin), and the output is 12v

There is a dummy cap next to my lead that I put on it to stop it shorting anywhere :)

TF1260 Fan lead.jpg
I always figured people would have the pins facing down (either straight down or angled) and just have the wires come up over the top.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
matt020

Post by matt020 »

Just confirming, the right most pin (as you look at it seated in the a1200) is negative and the middle pin is positive?
Looking at Superdupa's wiring, grey is negative, white is positive and black is nothing?

Also could I please ask, is the TF Fan Control software functional? Does it control fan speed?
supaduper

Post by supaduper »

Yes right most pin is Neg as indicated and middle pin is Pos, I will let steve answer the control software /wire(black) if he will :)
ccapublic

Post by ccapublic »

Hi,

Regarding fan connector, I understand it is SW controlled (on/off I guess). Is the ground fixed and 12V somehow switched or the other way around ?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Cyril.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

ccapublic wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:47 pm Hi,

Regarding fan connector, I understand it is SW controlled (on/off I guess). Is the ground fixed and 12V somehow switched or the other way around ?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Cyril.
Its a standard PC fan header with the tach NC.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Just a general note here. I'm not going to help people deviate from the standard usage paths with things like fan headers, coolers, different ram types. Because anything i say to help you here may be misunderstood and I might get the blame for any damage. So if you want to do something dumb you are going to need to figure it out yourself. Use the card like I intended or you are absolutely on your own.

I know people like to have hobbies tinkering and thats fine.... but i dont have the interest, time or patience to help people beyond the standard usages. Its tough enough keeping the standard use cases well supported. I'm one guy and we are getting closer to ten thousand TF cards of one sort or another out there.
———
ccapublic

Post by ccapublic »

terriblefire wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:01 pm Use the card like I intended or you are absolutely on your own.

I know people like to have hobbies tinkering and thats fine.... but i dont have the interest, time or patience to help people beyond the standard usages.
Understood. Thanks anyway. I guess I'll find out.
f1lupo

Post by f1lupo »

matt020 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:22 pm Just confirming, the right most pin (as you look at it seated in the a1200) is negative and the middle pin is positive?
Looking at Superdupa's wiring, grey is negative, white is positive and black is nothing?

Also could I please ask, is the TF Fan Control software functional? Does it control fan speed?
thanks for the confirmation as I'm putting on a low profile heatsink and fan with only a black and red wire and came here wanting to make sure I got it right before hating up the ol soldering iron eh ;)

also can someone give me a noob explanation on how to use the fan control software as that will be the next thing to be checking out
addicted to Amiga hardware for far too long :twisted:

Return to “Terriblefire's channel”