HW lovers

TF520 - 68020 Board

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

alexh

Re: HW lovers

Post by alexh »

terriblefire wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:34 pm I know your interest is in the CDTV but honestly it would be simpler to rewrite the cdtv.device than mess about with this slow accelerator.
Thanks to @terriblefire's hard work disassembling and rebuilding cdtv.device I have been told that patches for cdtv.device (and cdfs.library) primarily driven by someone in the PiSTorm community are on the way.

I'm not going to hold my breath because JOTD and myself tried to replicate TFs work 7 months ago, Toni Wilen even updated WinUAE to model CDTV 24-bit DMA for us (4.5 beta 7+), we couldn't get it to work in the short space of time we had and gave up, but fingers crossed the person doing this is better / more tenacious than us.
Principal ASIC Engineer - SystemVerilog, VHDL
Thalion Webshrine - http://thalion.atari.org
STf,STfm,STe,MegaST,MegaSTe,Falcon060
A500+,A600,A4000/060,CD32,CDTV
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: HW lovers

Post by terriblefire »

utri007 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 11:31 am It is not just for a CDTV, also those who would like use their A500's sidecars and A2000's zorro ram expansion would benefit it.

Generally, it would help to get best performance out with OLD hardware. TF536 is NEW hardware and there is no point to use it with sidecar or zorro II ram expansion..

Thats why title is hw lovers. ;)
If we make an 020 accelerator then thats NEW too... Either stick with stock / old hardware or get new stuff. You cant have it both ways.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."

Return to “TF520 (OBSOLETE)”