My CDTV Nightmare

TF534 - 68030 + More RAM Board (More compatible with amiga hardware)

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

utri007

Re: My CDTV Nightmare

Post by utri007 »

Ok it once again boots DiagROM. The video output is completely dead though. not even syncs.
Do you have RF modulator still in place? I mean it need to be there, to get any picture, even with 23 pin RGB port.
techniplex

Post by techniplex »

Finally, may get to put these into closet instead of in Amigas. Eager to see the next installment of terrible fire for Big Box amigas.

May have to blow the dust off my CDTV and see if the TF3xx works in mine.
Attachments
Amiga-CPU-Boards.jpg
Amiga-CPU-Boards.jpg (98.34 KiB) Viewed 5094 times
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

utri007 wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:50 pm
Ok it once again boots DiagROM. The video output is completely dead though. not even syncs.
Do you have RF modulator still in place? I mean it need to be there, to get any picture, even with 23 pin RGB port.
I’ve always just used the 23 pin RGB scary cable so the modulator isn’t there. Possibly this is the issue.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

techniplex wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:48 am Finally, may get to put these into closet instead of in Amigas. Eager to see the next installment of terrible fire for Big Box amigas.

You seem to have some super rare hardware there! What is that 3630 CPU card with both a 68020 and 68030 on board?
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

utri007 wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:50 pm Do you have RF modulator still in place? I mean it need to be there, to get any picture, even with 23 pin RGB port.
Thanks for this. The video lives again.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
utri007

Post by utri007 »

You can replace modulator with simple jump wires. Happy to help. :)
techniplex

Post by techniplex »

alenppc wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:51 pm
techniplex wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:48 am Finally, may get to put these into closet instead of in Amigas. Eager to see the next installment of terrible fire for Big Box amigas.

You seem to have some super rare hardware there! What is that 3630 CPU card with both a 68020 and 68030 on board?
It was a single board to test either 68020/68882 or 68030/68882. There is a spot for a crystal in case you want a little more speed. I have not used it in a very long time. I also did not know that these were that rare until you said something and I went and started looking. The Commodore 68040 Accelerator is apparently super rare and the only other one out there was sold by Dave Haynie (https://www.bigbookofamigahardware.com/ ... spx?id=221). Looks like Commodore A1000 Rev 1 had a few bugs with all of the kynar wires, which I never installed in a machine. The A3200/a3400 68040 Rev 2.1 was born which became the A3640. Had never paid much attention to the designations on the boards. These boards definitely came from West Chester, PA. Lab via bankruptcy auction that me and 3 friends went in on. I was working with a company that was creating Kiosk's for grocery stores and we worked hand in hand with Commodore developers. I am just now seeing advertising in the isles and end caps of stores although we were doing it 27 years ago with Amigas. The fate of commodore was also the demise of that project.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Please stay on topic guys. Happy for you to open a new thread
———
Tominaattori

Post by Tominaattori »

Hello.

I recently dug up my old CDTV and started tinkering with it. Its got 8megs of fastram and 2megs of chipram (minimega), scsi interface and a scsi2sd adapteri. Also a 68010 cpu. I got myself a nifty whdload machine that is allowed in the living room!
If only it had a turbo aswell... That lead me to thinking about the tf-boards. Does the card allow the lid to be closed? There isn't much room there.

Btw. Since the Amiga bug bit me I got to purchase A1200 and A500 once more again. All the stuff I had when I was a kid and wished I had back then. Nice to play those old games with my own kids again. Time has treated those gems well.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

So the CDTV boots once again to the CD Menu.

However the IR Controller chip seems to be fried. Its getting mighty hot.

Are there spares or replacements available for them?

EDIT: This chip is U75 or 252609-02
———

Return to “TF534 (OBSOLETE)”