Latest TF534 is here

TF534 - 68030 + More RAM Board (More compatible with amiga hardware)

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

techniplex

Re: Latest TF534 is here

Post by techniplex »

Have all of the parts on hand, minus a 100Mhz crystal to get started on the TF534. It looks like most of the bugs are worked out and will hopefully will be shared with the masses shortly. I would like to purchase a few boards, and would gladly do it like the TF530 on DirtyPCBs.

I have all of my original amigas and have a few boards (definitely from the lab) that came from the liquidation sale of Commodore US. I will gladly place the completed TF534 in my CDTV with hopefully better results. Appreciate your wealth of knowledge and the sharing of that knowledge via these forums and your youtube channel.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

I’ll eventually put the TF534s open source but I need to get a little of the money back on the board first. There are 50 in order and I’ll be selling them for 8 quid each plus postage. If I don’t do this then that would be the end of TF completely.

It’s not as simple as putting one in a CDTV. It’s known not to work already. I need to capture DMA data to understand why.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

It’s probably best to keep it closed for a while otherwise you get ‘enterprenuering’ resellers asking for $50 for a blank pcb on eBay as we’ve seen with the 530
techniplex

Post by techniplex »

Gladly pay you for a few of them and would donate the CDTV to the cause if you want. I would PM you but it appears that I do more reading than posting. Have no idea what shape it is in as it has not been powered in years and it is a US version (120v). I should probably fire it up and see if it even still works. Most of my Amiga stuff has sat in storage, but you have inspired to bring them out and give them a tune up. I have 2 - A2000's, 2 - A3000T, and an A3400/A4000 depending on which bezel is installed. I have a quite a few a1200's motherboards, but never had the rest of the A1200. The various cards, motherboards and the A1200's and other development boards all came for the Commodore Bankruptcy sale where they sold a pallet at a time. I was really enthralled with the Amiga and figured I would need spare parts, but have not done much with them until now.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

I’m actually good for all Amiga parts (except possibly a Gfx card for the 3000 at some point). But thanks

I’ll sell the boards on Amibay and eBay.. Amibay preference when they arrive.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

Stephen, do I need a recompiled firmware for the 534 rev2 or will the rev1 firmware work? Will build mine tomorrow.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

The rev2 should work but i'll send you a "2c" firmware anyways.
———
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

Built and tried very quickly - it looks like it won't boot with the rev2 firmware but I didn't investigate too deeply
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

I got it booting, I forgot to solder the clock jumper. IDE still not working.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Did you grab the firmware I stuck in the repo over the weekend?
———

Return to “TF534 (OBSOLETE)”