PhilC's TF534 build x 2

TF534 - 68030 + More RAM Board (More compatible with amiga hardware)

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

PhilC

PhilC's TF534 build x 2

Post by PhilC »

Thought I'd chip in with my TF534 builds.

One is clocked at 33mhz and the other at 25mhz. Eventually I'll swap the 25 for a 50mhz, just didnt have any 50mhz oscillators in my parts bin.

Just waiting for the 74 chips to arrive and my other pga sockets and they will be finished.

I'm glad I got myself a USB Microscope as I'd never have spotted the solder bridges on the larger CPLD if I hadn't.

Next up will be getting some roms burnt for Emutos and diagrom to get it all booting.

Here's the pic.
20190323_192108.jpg
20190323_192108.jpg (395.5 KiB) Viewed 5757 times
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
PhilC

Re: PhilC's TF534 build x 2

Post by PhilC »

The 74bufffer chips arrived today along with the IDE headers, so one board is all ready for programming later on, with the second one following shortly after if I get a spare 30 mins.

I've still no idea why my Lenovo thinkpad wont run the xilinx software but have now fixed the wifes old HP, so will try loading it up on that and then fingers crossed it'll be up and running.
20190327_181547.jpg
20190327_181547.jpg (253.01 KiB) Viewed 5708 times
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

The TF534 is not that happy below 30Mhz,..
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

terriblefire wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:03 pm The TF534 is not that happy below 30Mhz,..
Thanks, I'll change it to another 33mhz first then
8 Bit Dreams
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by 8 Bit Dreams »

Nice build. Do not forget to close frequency jumper (left-middle pins).
Retro computer hardware & repair in Germany
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

8 Bit Dreams wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:57 pm Nice build. Do not forget to close frequency jumper (left-middle pins).
Thanks, will do
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

Finally got Xilinx ISE working today, thanks to being pointed in the right direction by TF.

So one board is showing both CPLDs and I was able to put some Amiga firmware into them.

The other board only shows the 144 CPLD , so no doubt got a dry joint or a dodgy chip. Good job I have 1 spare.

Connected up my TF530 whilst I was at it and that's ready to be programmed too.

So this weeks task is to burn Emutos into two Eprom and then mod them to fit into the Mega rom sockets.

Then wait for TF to find where he's put the Atari version of the 534 firmware.

And then its fingers crossed that it all works.
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

Both boards programmed tonight but neither boot or show any signs of life on the serial port of the Atari with Diagrom.

I did have a couple of dodgy joints on the smaller CPLD earlier, so will recheck everything tomorrow evening and then get the scope out.

I suspect the CPU is halted because the screen doesn't change to 50hz as it would if it was reading the rom.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

PhilC wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:20 pm Both boards programmed tonight but neither boot or show any signs of life on the serial port of the Atari with Diagrom.

I did have a couple of dodgy joints on the smaller CPLD earlier, so will recheck everything tomorrow evening and then get the scope out.

I suspect the CPU is halted because the screen doesn't change to 50hz as it would if it was reading the rom.
Unfortunately I dont have an ST on the bench at the moment. DiagROM ST should boot with the stock firmware... so maybe try that?
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

Bit more work today. Tried the usual firmware as TF has asked and now I get a red screen with white garbage on the foreground. The board responds great to reset and the expected signals are high on the cpu adaptor.

The screen stays at 60hz though.

Nothing from Diagrom yet, which works fine when booting from the original CPU.

The other board doesn't do a lot but I will try reflowing that and see what happens. With all of you guys having good luck, it's got to be a dry joint or a short.

Return to “TF534 (OBSOLETE)”