Why I'm no longer developing the TF534/TF530 cards

TF534 - 68030 + More RAM Board (More compatible with amiga hardware)

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: Why I'm no longer developing the TF534/TF530 cards

Post by terriblefire »

GadgetUK164 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:10 pm Stephen, I hope you've not taken anything I said in that light!
Not specifically comments made by you no.

For years Amiga has moaned about not having things open sourced so perhaps they arent used to this. But when I open up the sources i'm done with the board. Either i think its perfect or i'm abandoning it. Either way I cannot support everyones board indefinitely. Thus I open source it. Its my selfish way of washing my hands of it so that i have time for other boards while at the same time giving other people a chance to fix issues that Commodore never gave us. I

I couldn't make the 534 work perfectly for everyone. It works fine on every machine in this room (even the Atari ST) so i released it in good faith but against my better judgement.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

Hi TF,

So, again, for those who only use the forums for Terriblefire news, what's the current plans?

TF530 - 536 Now shelved?
TF330 Adaptor for use in an A500, Atari etc?

And are you planning to do the same for the 360?
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

PhilC wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:01 pm Hi TF,

So, again, for those who only use the forums for Terriblefire news, what's the current plans?

TF530 - 536 Now shelved?
TF330 Adaptor for use in an A500, Atari etc?

And are you planning to do the same for the 360?
I'm trying to stay focused on the TF360 right now. Every time i switch between the 030 and the 060 I have 100 probes to rewire on the breakouts.. it takes about 20-30 mins. Switching between the damn things is a pain.

Once the TF360 is sorted there will be TF1260 and TF4060 to do... given i get roughly 90 mins an evening to do this work Its hardly surprising I dont want to give myself more work.

I'm happy with the Tf536... works nicely in my CDTV. Adding to my support pile isnt really something i want to do right now.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

And that's totally understandable. And every time you switch projects the first few hours are playing catch up no doubt, remembering where you left off.

So will the 536 get an official release at some point now that you've fixed Alan's one?
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

It’s at the bottom of my priority list now. Which means it’s not gonna get looked at for a good long while.

If the card doesn’t work for Alen when I post it back to him is probably game over for the TF536.
———

Return to “TF534 (OBSOLETE)”