tf534 asking for debugging suggestions

TF534 - 68030 + More RAM Board (More compatible with amiga hardware)

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

apacz

Re: tf534 asking for debugging suggestions

Post by apacz »

Thanks a lot for all suggestions, i will update you with my findings. I have diag rom so, after checking again for soldering issues, and math coprocessor i will go with diag rom.
apacz

Post by apacz »

hello again

I've check clock signal (on jumper) and there was nothing, I've replaced generator chip, and now I can see beautiful 50Mhz (I was expecting square wave, no sinusoidal), but board still doesn't work.
IMG_7501.JPG
IMG_7501.JPG (89.75 KiB) Viewed 3712 times
I've tried without FPU, no luck again.
I've put diag rom. To confirm that my amiga is not destroyed by board I've put my 68010 procesor, and diag rom boot flawlessly. however with tf534 put there is nothing, even on the serial port.
I'm starting to think that 68030 is faulty. I've bought it from some polish company and it suppose to be tested.
What do you think?
Can any of you share his mc68030 source?
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Highly unlikely the CPU is dead. what does DiagROM do?
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
apacz

Post by apacz »

Completely nothing, on screen only indivision logo, and nothing not even single character on serial.(as mentioned in previous post with 68010 cpu i can see output of diag rom both on screen and serial)
The only difference is that with normal rom, indivision logo disappears after few sec. but with diag rom stays all the time on screen.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Have you tried this in the 68000 socket? Do you have a 7Mhz signal at the header?

The reasons you see a sinusoid is because at 50Mhz you’d need a 200Mhz scope to a see clean edges
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
apacz

Post by apacz »

Yes. I've tried that as well, but not with DiagRom (will test today) 7mhz at header will check in the evening

I thought it's 200Mhz scope, but it seems that its 200megasample/second, and bandwidth is 50Mhz ;-)
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

In that case you likely have a soldering issue.
———

Return to “TF534 (OBSOLETE)”