Agranlunds TF534 Build

TF534 - 68030 + More RAM Board (More compatible with amiga hardware)

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

agranlund

Re: Agranlunds TF534 Build

Post by agranlund »

Are the ST firmwares You are using on Your Guthub?
Not yet... but I made an account and will try to learn how it works so I can put it there, as well as make pull requests to the official firmware. I do need to clean the code slightly and separate the Atari/Amiga specific stuff with ifdefs before it can be merged back.

It's attached and it's awesome if you want to test it :)

Note that TOS2.06 does not auto-detect and enable FastRAM like EmuTOS do.
So I made a small .PRG that you have to run if you are in Atari TOS and want FastRAM - it's included in the zip.
Unlike with EmuTOS, I don't have a way to load Atari TOS itself into FastRAM yet though..
TF534r2c_Atari_20190924.zip
(309.63 KiB) Downloaded 278 times
agranlund

Post by agranlund »

I attached a new EmuTOS-in-fastram package.

The interesting one here is the included "et534uk_boot_192.img".
This is a minimal boot-rom built as a 192KB image (so you don't need any ROM decoding hardware).
- It supports the 030 CPU, TT-RAM, IDE and ASCI.
- It has no boot screen, nor GUI.
- It's only meant as a boot-rom, you need some program in the AUTO folder that loads the real OS into RAM.

Put the included emutosuk.prg as your first program in the AUTO folder and you will immediately end up booting the full 256KB version of EmuTOS (running from FastRAM).

(You could boot 2.06 as well by using P.Putnik's SELTOS.PRG/RAMTOS.PRG but I think it will probably end up in ST-RAM.. I haven't checked. But the source is available for it so I'll take a stab at modifying it to make it load TOS into FastRAM instead)

The emutos images are built using unmodified EmuTOS 0.9.11 sources, only using different compiler directives. Full info is in the readme in case you want to build your own emutos images like this, perhaps for a different language.
tf534_emutos.zip
(357.19 KiB) Downloaded 305 times
agranlund

Post by agranlund »

TOS 2.06, now in FastRam.

Attached a zip with a small program that loads TOS2.06 into FastRAM, as well as the usual housekeeping of telling gemdos about the memory, allocating an FRB and installing its cookie.
It makes a big difference for performance and you'll get a nice and speedy TOS2.06 experience.

Usage:
- Put a TOS 2.06 image on the root of your boot drive, name it TTRAMTOS.IMG
(it can be UK,US,Swedish or German version)
- Put TTRAMTOS.PRG in your AUTO folder
It's important that it runs from the AUTO folder.

You can use whatever ROMs you want on the Atari motherboard, as long as they work with an 030 CPU and can boot your harddrive (So, EmuTOS or TOS2.06, possibly KAOS1.04).
I burnt "et534uk_boot_192.img" (from my previous post) as boot-roms, to make booting faster and avoid having double boot screens.

I'm preparing to put all these infos and files onto a TF534 page on my website, as well as putting all the sources on GitHub.
TTRAMTOS.zip
(12.09 KiB) Downloaded 290 times
It will even test the FastRAM for you when it starts up :)
DSC_3115.JPG
DSC_3115.JPG (63.07 KiB) Viewed 7759 times
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

Well done and thanks for sharing.
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
8 Bit Dreams
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by 8 Bit Dreams »

I see You have installed ceramic CPU, this means card works @50Mhz, right?
Thank You for sharing firmware and files! Haven't got time to test yet, but will do it asap :)
Retro computer hardware & repair in Germany
agranlund

Post by agranlund »

I see You have installed ceramic CPU, this means card works @50Mhz, right?
Thank You for sharing firmware and files! Haven't got time to test yet, but will do it asap :)
To be honest, I haven't tested it enough @50Mhz to make a good judgement about it.
Last time I tried, Frontier ran nice and stable and the CPU didn't get all that warm. But Gembench crashed on startup.
Since then it's been running nice and stable @40Mhz.

Now that I've got an FPU fitted it looks like I would need to run slower if I want the FPU to work - the one I have seem happy @32Mhz but incredibly grumpy @40Mhz.
I''ll run some more tests @50Mhz without FPU to see if I can find a pattern of what works and what doesn't, or if it's just generally unstable.
8 Bit Dreams
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by 8 Bit Dreams »

That's true, China is getting worse, have bought 20x FPUs -none of them is working. some of the chips have pin1 mark on the left corner - that's crazy...
20190928_160944.jpg
20190928_160944.jpg (171.29 KiB) Viewed 7687 times
Retro computer hardware & repair in Germany
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

I do sell tested FPU's in my store if people want known working stuff. True not cheap like china, but a lot don't work so I have to recover costs on those as well. but at least you know mine are 100% working..

https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/forum/viewt ... 400#p26294
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
agranlund

Post by agranlund »

Since the NetUsbee has trouble working, I am going to port the uIP tool to work with an ENC28J60, connected to the SPI port of the TF534.

Before I begin, is there anything I should know? Ie: has anyone here already done something with the SPI port or is it completely untested?

SPI clock seem to be already divided twice from CPU clock which should work within specs for the ethernet controller. Adress range is in an ok place for the Atari as is, although not perfect since it prohibits the use of >256Kb roms - so I will probably move it to some other address.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

agranlund wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:09 am Since the NetUsbee has trouble working, I am going to port the uIP tool to work with an ENC28J60, connected to the SPI port of the TF534.

Before I begin, is there anything I should know? Ie: has anyone here already done something with the SPI port or is it completely untested?

SPI clock seem to be already divided twice from CPU clock which should work within specs for the ethernet controller. Adress range is in an ok place for the Atari as is, although not perfect since it prohibits the use of >256Kb roms - so I will probably move it to some other address.
You would be better implementing Mike Stirling's SPI VHDL here and use the K1208 drivers.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."

Return to “TF534 (OBSOLETE)”