Noob building a TF534

TF534 - 68030 + More RAM Board (More compatible with amiga hardware)

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

matt020

Re: Noob building a TF534

Post by matt020 »

Lynxman wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:11 am Now that I've got this Amiga sorted I'd like to get an A1200, to get AGA and more chipram support, but holy crap are they expensive. Will have to look out for one that needs repairs. I don't fancy getting one that has been recapped by some randon ebayer I don't trust.

I found cases and keyboard for reasonable prices. It would be fun to build one using one of those new motherboards.
And once you have an A1200, and got it working,
Then you'd like to get an A3000,
and then an A4000
and where does it stop.. :D :lol: :twisted:
Lynxman

Post by Lynxman »

That is how it usually goes. :)

I should probably wait and see what kind of Amiga the cable TV guy had in his store room before I think about getting something else.

I just want AGA and 2 MB chipram.
matt020

Post by matt020 »

You know, Steve at Amiga Passion has refurbished 1200's and CD32's for sale.... recapped too.

https://www.amigapassion.co.uk/product- ... furbished/
Lynxman

Post by Lynxman »

I built and installed the 512kB expansion tonight but it gives me errors during testing andloading software. I suspect the RAM chip is faulty.I'll try reseating Gary and look for corrosion as well.
Lynxman

Post by Lynxman »

The IDE to SD card adapter arrived yesterday. I cloned the harddisk image from the CF to an SDcard and it boots and is faster, and measures 2 MB/s when benchmarking, but for some reason a lot of games complain that kick34005.a500 isn't valid, even though it's the same as on the CF. I tried copying the a500 file over again in WinUAE but games requiring that rom still don't work. The problem does not occur when I try the CF again. Weird issue. Guess I have to run a fresh install on the SDcard to get it to work.
8 Bit Dreams
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by 8 Bit Dreams »

I can confirm i had same issue.. that's weird
Retro computer hardware & repair in Germany
Lynxman

Post by Lynxman »

The same happens after a clean install to the SD Card. I don't get it. It works if I boot from the SD drive in WinUAE.
Lynxman

Post by Lynxman »

MY CF works fine so it's not big deal. I just wanted to run that SDcard extender out the side to give access to the Harddrive when the case is closed.

I will try again but this time I will install Classic Workbench 68k instead of Classic Workbench LITE. LITE is intended for A1200 while 68k is intended for A500+/A600. Worth a try.
Lynxman

Post by Lynxman »

It was the same, but I figured out why it happens. The Max Transfer of the SD card partition was too high. I reduced it to 0x1fe00 and now the A500 kickstart works. :)

To change it open HDToolBox and go to "Partition Drive", "Advanced" and then "Change". It will not delete the partition if you just want to change the Max Transfer.
Lynxman

Post by Lynxman »

I installed a red LED next to the Floppy drive LED on the keyboard now, so that it lights up the floppy LED from the side. It works fine. I removed the "activity LED from the IDE to SDcard adaptor and soldered wires between the LED and the "activity" LED pads, with a different resistance to suit the new LED. IT works fine and now HDD activity lights up the drive indicator red while floppy activity lights it up green.

Return to “TF534 (OBSOLETE)”