IDE2CF on TF vs WINUAE

TF534 - 68030 + More RAM Board (More compatible with amiga hardware)

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

Bikerbob

IDE2CF on TF vs WINUAE

Post by Bikerbob »

Ok, please remember I am new to Amiga.

So I did manage to get WINUAE to run.. I have it setup as close to the A2000 hardware as I can..

Using the physical IDE2CF adapter through an IDE2USB on the PC I get 6.6mb for the transfer.

On the physical A2000 with the TF534 I am getting 700k.

With the SD2IDE I get about 6mb on either, but only using the image written by 8-bit dreams.. if I try and do my own 3.1.4 then I get the 700k again.

anyone have a suggestion as to what I am missing? Now I do understand that the CPU command is disabled in 3.1.4 and was told that I have to run a mmu install rather than just copy over the libs to get mmu working correctly.

Any comments there?

thanks
James
8 Bit Dreams
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: IDE2CF on TF vs WINUAE

Post by 8 Bit Dreams »

Retro computer hardware & repair in Germany
Bikerbob

Post by Bikerbob »

I appreciate the response 8 bit Dreams, but I have the mmu package, but I seem to be finding conflicting descriptions of how much I need to do to get it to work. For example I read in the pkg, that all I have to do is copy over the .library files, and when I run sysinfo I see MMU there, but the speed on the IDE is still slow. Others have told me that is incomplete; that I need to run the install script. Others have said with this card I am better to go back to OS 3.1 and use CPU fastrom, which is what MMU replaced correct?

James
PaulJ_2.0

Post by PaulJ_2.0 »

That lha comes with an installer, why not just run it?
8 Bit Dreams
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by 8 Bit Dreams »

please run installer to get all working, it is needed to:
1. install mmu.library,
2. install µFastrom,
3. add it to startup sequence
Retro computer hardware & repair in Germany
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Bikerbob wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:23 pm I appreciate the response 8 bit Dreams, but I have the mmu package, but I seem to be finding conflicting descriptions of how much I need to do to get it to work. For example I read in the pkg, that all I have to do is copy over the .library files, and when I run sysinfo I see MMU there, but the speed on the IDE is still slow. Others have told me that is incomplete; that I need to run the install script. Others have said with this card I am better to go back to OS 3.1 and use CPU fastrom, which is what MMU replaced correct?

James
Run the installer. Thats all you have to do. Its fully automatic. If you have an EC CPU you are stuck with 700k/s
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."

Return to “TF534 (OBSOLETE)”