The TF330 is here

68030 + SDRAM + IDE

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

supaduper

Re: The TF330 is here

Post by supaduper »

8 Bit Dreams wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:18 am
terriblefire wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:24 pm Ok.. it lives again

I thought i'd also list the butchers bill.
1 x XC95144XL CPLD (£12),
1x SDRAM Chip (£6),
1x 68030RC50 (£28)
Oh... This means almost all components on TF was dead, even CPU...Expensive experiment.. :cry:
Hope PCB You've sent arrives soon, want to test different brands of CF cards CF to SD included, not sure about RAM, have some Samsung chips lying around, these are 130Mhz though...
Hi Viktor, just tried a cheap IDE to SD/micro adapter running a sandisk 32gb card and its working fine here bud.

Also regarding the SD Ram ordered a few of these, good old Alliance again LoL
https://www.digikey.co.uk/product-detai ... ND/6099740
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

terriblefire wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:24 pm Ok.. it lives again

I thought i'd also list the butchers bill.
1 x XC95144XL CPLD (£12),
1x SDRAM Chip (£6),
1x 68030RC50 (£28)
Oh... This means almost all components on TF was dead, even CPU...Expensive experiment.. :cry:
Hope PCB You've sent arrives soon, want to test different brands of CF cards CF to SD included, not sure about RAM, have some Samsung chips lying around, these are 130Mhz though...
I hope you get it too considering how bad Deustche Post is... Every time I have to send something to Germany I cringe because they screw up so many things. Even when you pay extra for tracking they rarely even scan packages. Once, they let the parcel I sent sit in customs for 4 weeks, sent it back to Canada, who sent it back to Germany for the second time, then they let it sit in customs again for another 2 weeks before finally releasing it for delivery...

It took over two months for an express service that I paid extra to be delivered in under a week. I frankly don't understand how can a system be so mismanaged.
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

supaduper wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:09 am
Hi Viktor, just tried a cheap IDE to SD/micro adapter running a sandisk 32gb card and its working fine here bud.

Also regarding the SD Ram ordered a few of these, good old Alliance again LoL
https://www.digikey.co.uk/product-detai ... ND/6099740
Ooh this Alliance ram is nice and cheap. I am actually becoming somewhat of a fan of theirs... considering I soldered like 1400 of their chips already :lol:
supaduper

Post by supaduper »

Yeah Alen Alliance Ram is a top find :)

Just to say the first TF330 I built has been on solid for 4 days , with games on Loop, soak tested ram with Systest for 2 full days, and it never missed a beat no errors,
also tested with RGB and Keyboard plugged in at the same time and all this with a bog standard CD32 PSU so that is great news regarding power requirements.
and as mentioned works with all my CFs and the SD to IDE adapter
I recommend that you use a low profile heat sink for the CPU

Her she is lol
Attachments
TF330 No1.jpg
TF330 No1.jpg (453.11 KiB) Viewed 3921 times
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Nice.

Please ignore CF card compatibility issues right now. I know why they’re there. It’s the same as the TF534.

The CDdrive fix needs a mod. I recommend you don’t solder in the disable and speed headers because the mod is going to use those.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

alenppc wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:52 pm

I hope you get it too considering how bad Deustche Post is... Every time I have to send something to Germany I cringe because they screw up so many things. Even when you pay extra for tracking they rarely even scan packages. Once, they let the parcel I sent sit in customs for 4 weeks, sent it back to Canada, who sent it back to Germany for the second time, then they let it sit in customs again for another 2 weeks before finally releasing it for delivery...

It took over two months for an express service that I paid extra to be delivered in under a week. I frankly don't understand how can a system be so mismanaged.
Yes. And they will return the parcel if the address has the wrong font.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
8 Bit Dreams
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by 8 Bit Dreams »

someone didn't knew about TF3xx cards...
Retro computer hardware & repair in Germany
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Now thats a TerribleFire(tm)
———
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Ok so it’s the CDDrive issue that remains. Everything else is working. I’ll work on that over Xmas. I have been too busy to get anything done this week after getting the badger back together
———
8 Bit Dreams
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by 8 Bit Dreams »

terriblefire wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:05 am Ok so it’s the CDDrive issue that remains. Everything else is working.
I would say if this will be solved - then fixing TF520 on CDTV will be trivial - seems to me it's same issue that prevents CD drive to work..
Retro computer hardware & repair in Germany

Return to “TF330”