The TF330 is here

68030 + SDRAM + IDE

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: The TF330 is here

Post by alenppc »

It looks great. My 2 cents, don't go crazy with downgrade modes, all you need is an on-off switch. I can't imagine a single scenario where something might work in T328 mode but not in 030 mode. No need to add needless complexity.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Yeah. The RAM is ZIII so it’s not going to work if the cpu is missing. Just wondering weather to keep IDE on?
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

I would say don't keep the IDE on. I can see why it could be useful, however technically if a CD game needs all of 2MB of ram, it might not get them due to drive buffers allocated when IDE is in use. There is probably a minority of such games but people will complain when given a chance. That's all I can think of.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Yeah. More options = more support

off is off then
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

If anybody who can’t order directly from PIMFG wants to buy 50/100 db23s from me, please send me a pm. You can have them at cost (which unfortunately includes my customs and shipping fees but it should be still cheaper than Ebay).
8 Bit Dreams
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by 8 Bit Dreams »

Bought 30x from Ebay just two days before PIMFG restocked them and sent me notification Email.. :oops:

Donno what we gonna do with AMP connectors, hope Mouser of DigiKey will restock these soon...

Mark sent me one riser already, also sockets, cpu's and cplds are here - im ready to start testings as soon as i get pcbs or gerbers in my hands :2k2:
Retro computer hardware & repair in Germany
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

Mouser will restock in January, this is the second time they run out. Consider however that lots of people already have risers, 95% of my TF328 sales were bundled with them.
8 Bit Dreams
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by 8 Bit Dreams »

alenppc wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:29 pm Mouser will restock in January, this is the second time they run out. Consider however that lots of people already have risers, 95% of my TF328 sales were bundled with them.
Right Alen,
haven't planned to make huge stock of them, however it would be nice to have 5 - 10 risers here if someone wants grab one locally..

PS
Still haven't solved IDE speed issue on TF534.. There are three resistors on the board, one 1206 on backside (R3 under FPU) and 2x beneath IDE (one on the right is removed now),
Soldered 1K on the bottom, however BOM say 47K.. Maybe that's the problem?
Retro computer hardware & repair in Germany
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Lets keep Tf534 stuff in its own topic.
———
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

crystals here. now the fun begins.
———

Return to “TF330”