The TF330 is here

68030 + SDRAM + IDE

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: The TF330 is here

Post by alenppc »

It's working great for me! With CPU FASTROM, the IDE flies like bat out of hell now. It is seriously fast.

There is still a bit of a hungup over Loadresident, although it did work, just required a few manual reboots.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

8 Bit Dreams wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:54 pm Hi Stephen,
jut wanna give my feedback about actual TF330 testing state: have here 4 different CPUs:
68EC030RP40C Genuine, USA
68EC030RP40B China
68030RC50C Genuine
68030RC50C China fake (rebranded)

the only one firmware stable booting on all CPUs is "no autoconfig":
https://github.com/terriblefire/terribl ... config.zip

later firmwares (today's release included) doesn't boot on my card, giving different colours or just black screen after CPU reset. I wasn't sure about my card/riser, but this no autoconfig firmware showed me that my card/riser are working fine - it boots ten times from ten attempts: after a soft reboot, hard reboot and so on. Didn't managed to add ram though, typing ADDMEM START 40000000 TO 44000000 in CLI returns error
Are you using the Micron RAM?

Myself and Mark are reporting perfect operation with these cpus...
36AA151A-6E01-4A66-8FC6-1121432A21DF.jpeg
36AA151A-6E01-4A66-8FC6-1121432A21DF.jpeg (3.12 MiB) Viewed 5722 times
Even the one soldered into the breakout is happy.
23FEDCE3-9352-4E4A-BE27-05F8D5A97C1C.jpeg
23FEDCE3-9352-4E4A-BE27-05F8D5A97C1C.jpeg (2.13 MiB) Viewed 5722 times
Lets see what Alen reports?

CD works perfectly, plays audio and games.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

alenppc wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:10 pm It's working great for me! With CPU FASTROM, the IDE flies like bat out of hell now. It is seriously fast.

There is still a bit of a hungup over Loadresident, although it did work, just required a few manual reboots.
Can you send me the files in question? i'll take a look when i get a chance.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

Sure, I'll email them to you.
supaduper

Post by supaduper »

As Steve says with this firmware its as close as it gets , CD working Games loading even burned ones its very `Secure & Stable` :)

And I am impressed with the £9 a shot 40B cpu I think they are a great .

Viktor take a look at the Riser and make sure no pins have pushed back,its rare but it can happen, thats why I always recommend that the TF board edge connectors are cleaned thoroughly with isoprop as the flux residue acts like a adhesive and grabs the riser contacts if you`re not careful I know I`ve seen it !.

But I think its your board that`s bad from the post damage.

And marvelous work again from Steve to achieve this awesome project.

My day was bad my PC crashed and lost the MBR but I always backup so no biggy its just that its a bloody 1 TB system that takes time reinstalling even though its imaged

Also bloody Mouser have doubled the price of the AMP riser connectors the Barstewards
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

I'll post another board to Viktor after the xmas post crazy has died down. You may want to wait for the rev2 .. there doesnt seem to be much to add for it..

my only quandry is whether to put a clockport on there. i'll bet anything if i do i'll spend a year debugging the thing and i dont really care about clockports.
———
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

My suggestion is don’t bother with clock port. Then you need rare hardware to reproduce issues - but a disable jumper is a must
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Currently we are using the disable jumper to patch up my mistake. Rev 2 this will not be required
———
8 Bit Dreams
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by 8 Bit Dreams »

terriblefire wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:51 pm I'll post another board to Viktor after the xmas post crazy has died down. You may want to wait for the rev2 .. there doesnt seem to be much to add for it..

my only quandry is whether to put a clockport on there. i'll bet anything if i do i'll spend a year debugging the thing and i dont really care about clockports.
Thank you Stephen,
will probably wait for rev.2, since Your cards are working i assume my doesn't work because of delaminated edge..
As about connector i cleaned it with fiberglass pen and Isop, so the problem shouldn't be there..

And a question about AMP connectors:
are these available now? Still can't find them..
Retro computer hardware & repair in Germany
supaduper

Post by supaduper »

Return to “TF330”