68030 + SDRAM + IDE

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: The TF330 is here

Post by alenppc »

8 Bit Dreams wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:08 pm
terriblefire wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:49 pm Please tell me where already :)
Please don't laugh...on Ebay... :oops: :oops: :oops:
Oh man, that’s not a good thing
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

alenppc wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:29 pm
8 Bit Dreams wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:08 pm
Please don't laugh...on Ebay... :oops: :oops: :oops:
Oh man, that’s not a good thing
Those arent chips.. they're black labels. :P

teasing screenshot..
systest.JPG
systest.JPG (28.4 KiB) Viewed 4043 times
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Something that has been mentioned a few times is the ram latency. Its not as simple as 2 wait states etc..
sdram_burst.gif
sdram_burst.gif (15.86 KiB) Viewed 4029 times
I dont think anyone has done SDRAM on the Amiga before? Would be interested to know.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
techniplex

Post by techniplex »

I use aliexpress quite a bit and you can get the XC95288XL-10TQ144C for $18 for qty 5 ($3.60 each) with free shipping. Just takes about two weeks to get them on average. I have gotten most of my parts there to build the TF530 and parts are on the way for the TF534 so I will have them and just have to wait for the PCB.
AEV80

Post by AEV80 »

I know the ACA1233-55 uses sdram (improved sdram controller noted in specs) and I assume the other ACA123x cards do as well.
8 Bit Dreams
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by 8 Bit Dreams »

Both Jens and Matze are using SDRAM in their designs, we can't see Jens cpld code, but You can take a look on Matzes code in 68EC020TK accelerator card..
Retro computer hardware & repair in Germany
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Where is Matze’s SDRAM implementation? I could only find SRAM designs.

I can’t see why you’d make a 8Mb SDRAM card. EC020 only supports 8Mb expansion space on the Amiga.

EDIT: it seems the Matze card is 16Mb. Must fill in all the holes in the memory map and do maprom. Fair enough.
———
8 Bit Dreams
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by 8 Bit Dreams »

terriblefire wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:31 pm it seems the Matze card is 16Mb. Must fill in all the holes in the memory map and do maprom. Fair enough.
Yes, he even occupied MAPROM space, so total of this card is 10.5MB

he's also fighting with 64MB SDRAM expansion for 68030TK card,
There was same chipram issue You have atm, solved it three weeks ago.. See here:
https://gitlab.com/MHeinrichs/68030-RAM-IDE
however, he has some kind of IDE trouble, Systest runs all day long without a single crash, but as soon as IDE activity is present - card freezes...

seems that Commodore custom chips are very specific, these was made different as a default standard expected, there was datasheets for internal use for sure, back in the days these leaked from Braunschweig and helped designing accelerators and stuff in Germany..Now it's more complicated to do it without this specific knowledge, that exlains why so many projects was started but never worked and was dropped..
i still belive You will find a way to solve these issues, and this will be a huge step into accelerated Amiga world, this will help to design next generation of TF5xx just like You did with INT2...
Retro computer hardware & repair in Germany
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

I have the clock issues solved.

Its working now. but no burst yet.

I've just popped 2 pcbs in the post to superduper for some initial build reports from him.

I know it seems like i've done this fast but i've done SDRAM and even DDR before.
———
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

I had a look at Matze's code. He's not being nearly as sneaky as I am. Its possibly there are some remaining issues there. Hopefully not.
———

Return to “TF330”