68030 + SDRAM + IDE

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

TF330 Rev 2 is Ready

Post by terriblefire »

Ok.

All modifications made to the TF330 r2...

Here are the silkscreens. Shout before midnight if anyone wants anything added.
top.JPG
top.JPG (70.21 KiB) Viewed 4958 times
bottom.JPG
bottom.JPG (39.1 KiB) Viewed 4958 times
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: TF330 Rev 2 is Ready

Post by exxos »

freechucky ?

oh cool exxos is on there, that's the best part of course ;) :P
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

exxos wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:11 pm freechucky ?
Related to

https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/forum/viewt ... =65&t=1501

John’s YouTube account is frozen because he published a video showing the new BPPC cards are fakes with no ground.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

terriblefire wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:21 pm Related to

https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/forum/viewt ... =65&t=1501

John’s YouTube account is frozen because he published a video showing the new BPPC cards are fakes with no ground.
ahh man that sux. Dave jones keep getting into "Trouble" with YT. I hate 3rd parties seriously. Its one reason I don't want to do videos for TY as they can ban/delete my whole channel and I doubt I would get it back. Just can't be bothered with all the BS with it all.
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

Very nice, I thought you couldn't legally include the CE mark?
supaduper

Post by supaduper »

Great, but where is the `Hallowed Terrible fire Logo? "
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

alenppc wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:55 pm Very nice, I thought you couldn't legally include the CE mark?
I have a technical work file that apparently meets the requirements. Total farce if you ask me. Anyways the wheelie bin logo is a must. I may scrub the CE yet.
———
8 Bit Dreams
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by 8 Bit Dreams »

terriblefire wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:21 pm John’s YouTube account is frozen because he published a video showing the new BPPC cards are fakes with no ground.
I am more confused about where Salvadore got these PCB's from!?
Let's start to think logical:
1. If he got real gerbers from Phase 5, but manufacturer have "forgotten" to connect ground plane due production - next step would be to produce corrected version of these and resend PCBs to buyers, but this never happened..seems to me he just found a bunch of defective pcbs, but wasn't aware these are defective.. he sold them, and truth came out.
2. John actually found all 6 layers, and yes, ground plane is here...but it's not connected! Salvadore was just angry..and he was scared! He can not sell his shit anymore...so he claimed about copyright wich is totally b***it..
3. If he were just a tick smarter - he would reward Chucky for his job..because he actually done Salvadores work, thanks to him we are now actually there when Salvadore started to sell 1260 pcbs. The only difference - we have another hero, everyone knows it's possible because of John Hertell, not Salvadore, that part is the answer why he claimed to YouTube about copyright..but truth comes ALWAYS out...You can NOT hide it.. All You need to do - is just stay fair...
supaduper wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:01 pm Great, but where is the `Hallowed Terrible fire Logo? "
Right! Where's the most important part!?
"Let the Terrible Fire out!!!"
Retro computer hardware & repair in Germany
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

The logo will be there.

Any other frequent questions?
———
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

OK. I have ordered 25 rev 2 boards. I'll send out the beta's 1 each + one to Edu Arana. The rest are going on eBay to try and recoup a little of the money i've spent on this so far. TF330 is ~400 quid in the red at the moment.

Chosen colour for rev2? BLUE!!! I wanted purple actually.

Why do i do this? Its simple. So i can pick up a board on my bench and know what it is by its colour.

Variations. I am going to offer a XC95144XL version for those who want a cheaper version. If you put a XC95288XL on there you can maybe expect fast internet to appear in the future. As things stand the 144 chip is pretty much full up. There is no way i could man in the middle writes to paula with it.

In the 288XL i plan to intercept writes to Paula and output at max speed to the ESP8266 module + have a buffer etc. Effectively transparently replace the onboard serial IO, ignore baud rate change requests and always work at 900Kbps.
———

Return to “TF330”