TF330 Soft Reboot Issue (SOLVED)

68030 + SDRAM + IDE

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

TF330 Soft Reboot Issue (SOLVED)

Post by alenppc »

Sorry if I am being annoying ... Can anyone check that reboot issue that was present on the rev1? :D
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: TF330 rev2 is here

Post by terriblefire »

I suspect the reboot issue will be. The RAM gets put through an initialisation cycle whenever reset goes low. Nature of the beast with SDRAM. RAM doesn’t work without the startup cycle. We can experiment with workarounds
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

terriblefire wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:05 pm I suspect the reboot issue will be. The RAM gets put through an initialisation cycle whenever reset goes low. Nature of the beast with SDRAM. RAM doesn’t work without the startup cycle. We can experiment with workarounds
Ok, hopefully you can find a workaround, otherwise this can pose issues with people trying to install almost any update that reboots the machine which is now common with AmigaOS (including 3.5, 3.9 and 3.1.4 as well as any manual patches for ShapeShifter etc).
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

A software reboot shouldn’t do this? Does it happen if you simply type reboot?
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

I will check and get back to you.
supaduper

Post by supaduper »

Alen, so with LoadResident in C: and icon. library in Libs: then If you put that command in the Startup sequence it says object not found

Tried this on the TF330 So went to LoadResident in C doubled clicked it and in the command box put that command ` LoadResident Icon.library REBOOT... and yes the screen just blinks, I put the CF card onto a PC and tried the same above and it works fine so there is something amiss somewhere
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

supaduper wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:30 pm Alen, so with LoadResident in C: and icon. library in Libs: then If you put that command in the Startup sequence it says object not found

So went to LoadResident in C doubled clicked it and in the command box put that command ` LoadResident Icon.library REBOOT...and it works it reboots and updates the icon library, I checked the VERSION before and after and it is updated.

must be something in the startup it don`t like for what little I know
I can send you the excerpt from my startup-sequence when I get home, but it should work. I have it set-up on the CF cards I sent out with the 328 which of course don't work on the 330 (rev1 at least) without removing the line.

I also used it to load an updated scsi.device in ram which would speed it up a bit (useful for machines without MMU) and fix the 4GB problem at the same time.
supaduper

Post by supaduper »

Hi Alen I just Amended my post above as I can confirm the same as you regarding the the REBOOT problem
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

supaduper wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:51 pm Hi Alen I just Amended my post above as I can confirm the same as you regarding the the REBOOT problem
Thanks for the confirmation.
supaduper

Post by supaduper »

I also tried another RESET utility `Safereset` from Aminet and we get exactly the same problem .the Window just blinks on and off to black

Return to “TF330”