Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: TF330 LoadResident Issue

Post by terriblefire »

It’s definitely a rabbit hole....

Is the source available?

What I’ll do is setup a synchronous 14mhz firmware to test these things with. If that doesn’t work with no ram then I’m not chasing it any further.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

supaduper wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:40 pm Are we going down a Rabbit hole with this LoadResident thing as there were always problems in the past with some software and some 030/40/60 accelerators
This is not a CPU issue, it is basically part of the modern AmigaOS so it works on any CPU.

One thing I should mention is that in my tests I disabled FastRAM via software (by using NoFastMem basically before issuing a Loadresident), not by flashing a no-ram firmware. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Also supaduper can you confirm the "Boot with no Startup-Sequence" freeze on the rev2?
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

It’s entirely possible that the CD32 rom has something that doesn’t like the 030 in it. That’s why I asked if someone could burn a 27C800 with vanilla AmigaOS and try this. Even if it’s just an interaction with Akiko I’d like to rule out the OS.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

My issue right now is I have 20 mins a day at my bench and all my CF cards are dodgy.. none of them are loading properly on any of my cards.. I suspect dodgy cables etc because that’s the only common element
———
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

I wonder if it'll boot with a regular 27C400. I can try with an A500 rom.

Stephen you should try with the kipper's CF adapter, that one has no cable.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Yeah that one has vanished. Can’t find it. I have too much crap to store. This is why I resist people wanting to send me stuff

The 27c400 will not work... the CD32 does a mad stunt for 32 but wise accesses
———
supaduper

Post by supaduper »

alenppc wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:29 pm
supaduper wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:40 pm Are we going down a Rabbit hole with this LoadResident thing as there were always problems in the past with some software and some 030/40/60 accelerators
This is not a CPU issue, it is basically part of the modern AmigaOS so it works on any CPU.

One thing I should mention is that in my tests I disabled FastRAM via software (by using NoFastMem basically before issuing a Loadresident), not by flashing a no-ram firmware. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Also supaduper can you confirm the "Boot with no Startup-Sequence" freeze on the rev2?
Can confirm Freezes with "Boot with no Startup-Sequence"
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

supaduper wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:02 pm
alenppc wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:29 pm
Can confirm Freezes with "Boot with no Startup-Sequence"
Should we open a new thread/bug for this one? :)
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

terriblefire wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:58 pm Yeah that one has vanished. Can’t find it. I have too much crap to store. This is why I resist people wanting to send me stuff

The 27c400 will not work... the CD32 does a mad stunt for 32 but wise accesses
I always assumed the CD32 rom was 16 bit access only, especially considering it has a place for a second rom on the motherboard. So the designers pulled off a 32 bit access with a single chip? That's some sorcery.
supaduper

Post by supaduper »

Just to add I tried the " Boot with no Startup-Seq" again a few times and this time it goes to Amiga Dos, so inputed LoadWB and it boots ..go figure

Return to “TF330”