68030 + SDRAM + IDE

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: TF330 LoadResident Issue

Post by terriblefire »

alenppc wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:17 pm
I always assumed the CD32 rom was 16 bit access only, especially considering it has a place for a second rom on the motherboard. So the designers pulled off a 32 bit access with a single chip? That's some sorcery.
I’m not 100% convinced it is 32 bit but it’s laid out in ROM like it is. I’ll try and use vanilla AmigaOS myself later. I suspect it’s still a DMA issue.

I have no idea how the reboot is happening so can’t really diagnose properly.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

supaduper wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:20 pm Just to add I tried the " Boot with no Startup-Seq" again a few times and this time it goes to Amiga Dos, so inputed LoadWB and it boots ..go figure
I was trying it last night and it would freeze every single time even with different CF cards
supaduper

Post by supaduper »

alenppc wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:33 pm
supaduper wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:20 pm Just to add I tried the " Boot with no Startup-Seq" again a few times and this time it goes to Amiga Dos, so inputed LoadWB and it boots ..go figure
I was trying it last night and it would freeze every single time even with different CF cards
This works on mine with a standard 3.1 OS on a 8gb cf and will boot with no startup-sequence selected

Do you have a bog standard os 3.1 you can try ?
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

Yes, the same one that you use.
supaduper

Post by supaduper »

alenppc wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:48 pm Yes, the same one that you use.
Just tried again on a Vanilla OS 3.1 CF and it will boot to amigados on mine , it does take a good few seconds before the Shell opens but it does work
Have you waited to see if it gets to the shell window ..eventually
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Any differences in file systems being used ? I
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
supaduper

Post by supaduper »

terriblefire wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:07 pm Any differences in file systems being used ? I
I only use PFS3aio never had a problem with it, like I said Loadresident is a rabbit hole lol
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

I have PFS-aio also, but no difference with FFS. Actually the freeze happens as soon as I click on the button, the screen never goes away. It just stays frozen, but I only have a rev1 board here. It might not happen on the rev2. I will check again when I get the rev2 PCBs.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

alenppc wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:40 pm I have PFS-aio also, but no difference with FFS. Actually the freeze happens as soon as I click on the button, the screen never goes away. It just stays frozen, but I only have a rev1 board here. It might not happen on the rev2. I will check again when I get the rev2 PCBs.
The Rev2 is basically the Rev1 with the IPL lines removed from the CPLD and the EXP_BR/EXP_BG pins wired up there instead.... Cant see how that could possibly make any difference.
———
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

I can confirm that the Boot with no startup sequence does not freeze for me.. it goes through a reset cycle every time and eventually gets a prompt.
———

Return to “TF330”