TF330 Soft Reboot Issue (SOLVED)

68030 + SDRAM + IDE

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

supaduper

Re: TF330 Soft Reboot Issue

Post by supaduper »

terriblefire wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:44 am I agree. Its not the biggest issue.. The biggest issue is the disable jumpers. I'd like to figure it out though.
I agree too as you know what some Amigan`s are like Lol

x4 TF330 spoiler below
Attachments
TF330 x4.jpg
TF330 x4.jpg (372.81 KiB) Viewed 4267 times
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Ok.

I put one of those 8Gb cards (clean) into my TF330.. and the SDCard adapter you gave me before xmas. Both have the same issue. Soft reboot always hangs.

To be clear. I open "Shell" and type reboot. Thats how i reproduce the issue.

EDIT: I'm using a machine without a CD Drive attached.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
supaduper

Post by supaduper »

terriblefire wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:54 am Ok.

I put one of those 8Gb cards (clean) into my TF330.. and the SDCard adapter you gave me before xmas. Both have the same issue. Soft reboot always hangs.

To be clear. I open "Shell" and type reboot. Thats how i reproduce the issue.

EDIT: I'm using a machine without a CD Drive attached.
Thanks Steve

Right Did the same as you Clean cf same as you have opened shell ...then REBOOT and it rebooted , did it again and it REBOOTED, third Time it did Hang !

So can now 100 % can confirm even on a clean system the REBOOT will not work...But very infrequenty it may :), so it must be close as it will REBOOT on the very odd ocassion, so you need to tweek something very slightly Steve :)
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Ok summary of findings so far.

Basically there is an INT2 source stuck on the CD32 when you do a soft reboot.. and its not the TF330.

Digging a bit further it seems that the interrupt acknowledge doesnt work after a soft reboot... highly odd.
ipl_issue.JPG
ipl_issue.JPG (62.98 KiB) Viewed 4249 times
Really hoping this isnt a new PCB revision time :(
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

OK found the issue i think.... not good.

I need to trace where AVEC comes from on the CD32 motherboard ... it should just be a pass through to the 030 AVEC pin.. :(
akiko_avec.JPG
akiko_avec.JPG (62.47 KiB) Viewed 4248 times
For reasons beyond me the CD32 chipset is continuing to assert IPL lines after the interrupt acknowledge cycle has completed. I've tried a few things like delays to these cycles. Nada.

I'm also very very suspicious of the CD32 AVEC line. Its pulled low and never never goes high.
———
supaduper

Post by supaduper »

terriblefire wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:14 pm OK found the issue i think.... not good.

I need to trace where AVEC comes from on the CD32 motherboard ... it should just be a pass through to the 030 AVEC pin.. :(

akiko_avec.JPG

For reasons beyond me the CD32 chipset is continuing to assert IPL lines after the interrupt acknowledge cycle has completed. I've tried a few things like delays to these cycles. Nada.

I'm also very very suspicious of the CD32 AVEC line. Its pulled low and never never goes high.

Just got my fluke multimeter for fast continuity check and the AVEC is connected to pin 16 on the 020 CPU
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

My next tests will need to be disabling the 030 and looking at what happens during an IACK with the 020 running on the scope.
———
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

supaduper wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:33 am So can now 100 % can confirm even on a clean system the REBOOT will not work...But very infrequenty it may :)
For me it's 100% of the time, weird.

It does not occur on the 328, oddly enough...
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

It doesnt occur on the TF330 with the 030 disabled.

Interrupt acknowledge cycles look identical. I really would have expected Akiko to have disasserted the IPL lines after the IACK.
020_iack.JPG
020_iack.JPG (63.84 KiB) Viewed 4221 times
What i know is that INT2 is being asserted continuously when you soft reboot. This interrupt is NOT coming from the TF330 (i checked with the scope by echoing this to a different pin).

When the interrupt occurs the OS is calling CardRes->StatusChangeInt() which cannot service the interrupt because its some other interrupt source and then returns from interrupt.. rinse and repeat.

Why this doesnt occur on the 020.. no idea....

When the 030 is accessing the Motherboard it just looks like a 14Mhz processor on the bus. Locking the machine to 14mhz makes no difference either.
———
dalek

Post by dalek »

One thing I was wondering from the hanging code were the addresses DA9000 DAA000 (which seem to be for Gayle interrupt), is how your IDE works.

Assuming it's still Gayle emulation in the CPLD, how does that interact with the expectation that Akiko is probably set up to handle those addresses instead of Gayle?

With the 020 only maybe the the gayle emulation isn't fully intercepting the interrupt request, meaning Akiko gets them as well. But when the 030 is in use, maybe they are hidden from Akiko and the hand is waiting on Akiko to do the interrupt acknowledge?

Just a thought on an area to consider - I wish I actually knew what was going on... Hope you crack it!

Return to “TF330”