TF330 Akiko Rev 0 Issue (SOLVED)

68030 + SDRAM + IDE

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: TF330 possible issue?

Post by terriblefire »

If the two CPUs managed to stay in lock step until fastram was accessed then they wouldnt get hot.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
supaduper

Post by supaduper »

Just throw alternatives into the mix..if really desperate you can still buy a Akiko rev A from Analogic and swap it for the Rev 0, harsh but true !
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Indeed. For now i'd recommend people hold off buying the TF330 if they have a rev 0. I should be able to get to the bottom of why its a problem once I have one. The guys that usually build these guys might wanna swap boards with some of the Rev 0 guys so we have machines to test on in the future.

I know its a pain/frustrating for the people with Rev 0s but we tested this to the best of our ability at the time. None of us had any idea there was such a thing as a Rev 0 Akikio.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

Nils has very kindly agreed to swap his rev0 motherboard with mine (thank you so much), so I will now have one for testing also.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

I got myself another Logic Analyser and i've been playing with that for the last few evenings... So i'm all ready when the Rev0 shows up. If the German postal service isnt crazy,
———
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

Damn Deutsche Post, when I send stuff from Canada to the UK, it usually arrives in 4 days
8 Bit Dreams
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by 8 Bit Dreams »

alenppc wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:53 pm Damn Deutsche Post, when I send stuff from Canada to the UK, it usually arrives in 4 days
indeed, noticed that You are getting Your parcels faster than i :lol:
DHL is saying parcel has left Germany on March 13, so hopefully it will pop up soon...
was trying to send it with DPD, but for some reason was unable to create label online, so got back to DHL, Sorry... :oops:

On the side note - also included fully built PeteAU expansion with GARY adapter,
maybe Steve will find some time to look after 1,5MB Slow ram issue on TF530 if we're lucky ;)
Retro computer hardware & repair in Germany
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

8 Bit Dreams wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:13 pm On the side note - also included fully built PeteAU expansion with GARY adapter,
maybe Steve will find some time to look after 1,5MB Slow ram issue on TF530 if we're lucky ;)
You guys are trying to make my house implode under its own gravity. I'll take a look but the project backlog is very big now and summer is coming. Plus I'm finding I have more and more kids events to go to at the weekends.
———
8 Bit Dreams
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by 8 Bit Dreams »

terriblefire wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:29 pm You guys are trying to make my house implode under its own gravity. I'll take a look but the project backlog is very big now and summer is coming.
it's for next winter Steve, not for now, so no rush here :D :lol:
i was just thinking in case You will get same issue on TF534 - You'll be able to catch this bug..
Retro computer hardware & repair in Germany
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

I got the board from 8 Bit Dreams and reproduced his issue. His TF330 works fine so i'll send that back to him ASAP.

Unfortunately right after the stream this morning my new laptop arrived so i've been distracted with my new toys :)
———

Return to “TF330”