TF330 - Game Issue

68030 + SDRAM + IDE

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

dalek

Re: TF330 - Game Issue

Post by dalek »

I believe Wing Commander is fixed here: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=92982
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

All these software "compatibility" issues were well known since the A1200 days. That's why WHDLoad was created.

Also, part of the problems come from using TinyLauncher. I really dislike how it manages the WHDLoad stuff, it creates unnecessary RAD drives, reboots for no reason, and is hardcoded to refer to "DH0:" regardless of what the actual device is called. And it boots in PAL only... Long story short, start your WHDLoad games from Workbench and don't use TinyLauncher.
GadgetUK164

Post by GadgetUK164 »

Strangely enough that game (Wing Commander) I spotted as having that issue with the TF328 as well - so it's NOT 330 related, or by that I mean it's not CPU related. If there is a problem it must be RAM address decoding or something that is not related to the 030 on the TF330.

I cannot remember if I tested Wing Commander without the TF328, but I think I did and got the same problem - that lead me to wonder if there are different versions of Wing Commander and whether it related to the BIOS of the CD32 itself. Pretty sure I got that blue screen without the 328 connected. Could you try that test - ie. test without the 330 and try the Wing Commander ISO for CD32.
My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/GadgetUK164
GadgetUK164

Post by GadgetUK164 »

I should have read page 2 first... I see there is a patched version!!! =D Does seem like its the fast RAM it doesn't like. Which I guess makes sense - I cannot imagine the developers deliberately testing the CD32 version on a machine with fast RAM.
My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/GadgetUK164

Return to “TF330”