68030 + SDRAM + IDE

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: TF330 Performance Improvements

Post by terriblefire »

alenppc wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:20 pm

I also found a 33 that fails... amazing. But in general I am very impressed with the way the 330 makes them work.
Interested if that 33 runs nicely in a TF534.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
nibiru

Post by nibiru »

thairacer wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:45 pm Hi, i just wanted (like supaduper ask me) to report my joy and experience after flashing my TF330, the boost is great, we gain about 8/10 fps in DOOM ATTACK ! , now it's possible to play fullscreen in confortable way, i had some fear to update but supaduper have help me the best way, thanks to the great
dreamcast here ;) , what a step forward since the TF328 and i didn't recognize my CD32, awesome 8-)
Hi, could you please check if the Akiko C2P still works? For me, with the V2 firmware it seems to disappear completely from the system. Even the OS is not detecting/using it anymore. And I've checked Fusion, Wing Commander and DoomAttack (fails to initialize c2p and reverts to a super slow RTG mode, meaning that even the OS is not Akiko powered anymore).

Thanks.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

nibiru wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:38 pm Even the OS is not detecting/using it anymore.
What do you mean by this? Which tool/library are you using. AFAIK the OS doesnt use C2P
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
Maximilian

Post by Maximilian »

alenppc wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:20 pm I also found a 33 that fails... amazing. But in general I am very impressed with the way the 330 makes them work.
Was that a 33B, a 33C or a china reprint of a 16?
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

@nibiru If you dont give me more information about whats happening you will never get a fix. I've asked you several questions on two threads now and you just ignore me and ask other people if they are seeing the same thing.
———
alenppc
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by alenppc »

Maximilian wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:03 pm
alenppc wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:20 pm I also found a 33 that fails... amazing. But in general I am very impressed with the way the 330 makes them work.
Was that a 33B, a 33C or a china reprint of a 16?
The print says 33B but I have no way of knowing if it's a reprint!
nibiru

Post by nibiru »

terriblefire wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:41 pm
nibiru wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:38 pm Even the OS is not detecting/using it anymore.
What do you mean by this? Which tool/library are you using. AFAIK the OS doesnt use C2P
The OS 3.1 uses it with WriteChunkyPixels(), here it states:

http://amigadev.elowar.com/read/ADCD_2. ... e033C.html

'Not very fast on systems without chunky-to-planar conversion hardware.'

...any software calling that function on a CD32 would get a noticeable speed increase.
The "RTG" mode of DoomAttack gives ~6/7fps, Akiko is used (and there's a minor performance hit due to the OS being involved).
nibiru

Post by nibiru »

terriblefire wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:09 pm @nibiru If you dont give me more information about whats happening you will never get a fix. I've asked you several questions on two threads now and you just ignore me and ask other people if they are seeing the same thing.
Sorry, I was busy, I've replied to the question above, what are the other questions? I might have missed them. I am glad to help and do more tests, I was only trying to get light and trying to understand if this issue only happens to me or involves other people.

Cheers.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

nibiru wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:56 am
Sorry, I was busy, I've replied to the question above, what are the other questions? I might have missed them. I am glad to help and do more tests, I was only trying to get light and trying to understand if this issue only happens to me or involves other people.

Cheers.
There are a few unanswered questions on the other thread. When I run whichAmiga it always sees the C2P.

My tests on this have been to check CDs can be accessed and played correctly. That requires Akiko to function.
———
Rochabian

Post by Rochabian »

Hi!
I have just updated the TFF30 firmware on a supaduper board

Works like a charm !

Really great job guys :thumbup:
Attachments
tf330burstfirmware.png
tf330burstfirmware.png (1.06 MiB) Viewed 5723 times

Return to “TF330”