TF330 WiFi?

68030 + SDRAM + IDE

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

sugar

Re: TF330 WiFi?

Post by sugar »

terriblefire wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:35 pm I’m gonna have a play with this on the TF360 this weekend...
Good stuff. Looking forward to this.
MickGyver

Post by MickGyver »

Did anybody here managed to get WIFI working, and could give some hints on how to set things up?
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

There are many ways to do this.

But all the TF330 does is let you talk to the ESP module. You need to choose a TCP/IP stack for the Amiga and then create a dial script for the ESP module.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
MickGyver

Post by MickGyver »

terriblefire wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:32 pm There are many ways to do this.

But all the TF330 does is let you talk to the ESP module. You need to choose a TCP/IP stack for the Amiga and then create a dial script for the ESP module.
Thanks, so in practice, I guess there isn't any "easy" solution to connect to a wifi network using the ESP module? It's hard to try anything with no documentation at all.

Did somebody else here get this working and could share some insight?
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

I got it working using a zmodem esp firmware, roadshow and pppd on a Linux box to route it.

The CF card, ESP module and pi have all gone awol
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
Glen M

Post by Glen M »

Sorry to dig out an older thread but I'm I reading this correct that you can add a ESP8266 module to the TF330 as a networking solution?

I can't find much info on this but it sounds interesting. Has a guide ever been pulled together for this?
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

There isn’t really a guide.

Essentially the ESP module appears on the Amiga serial port...

How you make it work is kinda a software thing from there.
———
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

I've had a go at this this afternoon. I got stuck when i tried to make roadshow use SLIP. Doesnt seem to be obvious how to do this.
———
sugar

Post by sugar »

This post may be low on information but you should configure an interface at devs/netinterfaces to use device=slip.device and then start that interface.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

sugar wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:46 pm This post may be low on information but you should configure an interface at devs/netinterfaces to use device=slip.device and then start that interface.
Yeah i tried and got an error. Also roadshow doesnt come with slip.device. I had to hunt for it on aminet.

This maybe an alternative approach for people to get going

https://blog.nootch.net/post/amiga-bbs-online-2019/
———

Return to “TF330”