Wont RESET via hardware button, but operates ok with TF328

68030 + SDRAM + IDE

Moderators: terriblefire, Terriblefire Moderator

Higgy

Re: Wont RESET via hardware button, but operates ok with TF328

Post by Higgy »

I have ordered a Mean Well RT-50B (4A on the 5v line) as I have a dead A500 psu and they fit nicely in the psu case.
PSU will take 1 week :( but I have soldered up a 3-core wire to a 4-pin DIN in preparation.

I was planning on wiring up the square AMIGA plug and the 4-pin DIN for the CD32 so I could use the one psu for both desktops and the CD32.
Don't worry i was not planning on powering 2 at the same time. I don't see an issue with having 2 power leads. The only thing I could think of was, there will be a powered open connector, so potentially a paperclip etc could fall in and short one of the pins. But the pins are inside of the shield and I could place a cover over the end of the non-connected power cable.
Anything else to worry about ;)
Higgy

Post by Higgy »

Just a quick update. Finally my RT-50B arrived.
And with 4A available on 5V line RESET works :)

Only issue is there is noise on the screen. Lines at 45 degrees very visible on black backgrounds.

Rather than fiddle with 5V adjustment I have a couple of Power Resistors on order, as i read without correct load on +12 and -12V rails the PSU outputs out of spec. So I hope it is due to that.
terriblefire
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by terriblefire »

Higgy wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 1:35 pm
Only issue is there is noise on the screen. Lines at 45 degrees very visible on black backgrounds.
Maybe a recap of the board would help.
———
"It is not necessarily a supply voltage at no load, but the amount of current it can provide when touched that
indicates how much hurting you shall receive."
Higgy

Post by Higgy »

Already replaced them.

Return to “TF330”